What's new

Other Rituals?

Grow and harvest fruits and vegetables from whatever space I have available.
Can, cure and smoke a variety of things.
Maintain an active starter and bake bread and make condiments, jams and jellies and give generously to my neighbours.
Trade goods.
Make my own leather strops.
Insist on driving a manual transmission.
Wear a variety of hats and caps (not baseball)
There are a variety of things I'd like to smoke but they're all illegal in my state. We're talking about that stuff, right?

Fly-fishing (standing in a river waving a stick)…well….ok…any kind of fishing really. And tying flies. And building fishing rods….

Walking in a field behind a good bird dog.

The occasional cigar (preferably Romeo y Julieta #2 or Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8….

I smoke cigars.
Drink whiskey neat.
Use bar soap in the shower, including my hair. I skip the body wash and the loofah.
I like your style. Have you ever tried a pipe? a bit more work than cigar, but a lot of fun.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
All of the above minus shooting. It's just too hot and nasty in Texas to go dove hunting, but I am glad to eat some of yours!

Real books, winding watches, piston fill fountain pens, cursive, fly fishing, gardening, cooking with ancient tinned copper and carbon steel French knives, gardening and using a hand mower and a broom, ironing my shirts and khakis, dressing as I did in the early 1960s except for changes in brands, occasional pipeful of Rattray's Black Mallory or a Partagas, making real martinis, listening to classical and jazz on records, still using blades and carrying my own clubs, and remaining adept at BCP Rite 1. Yes, a near total anachronism. At least I put away the straight and the strop in favor of my double edged razor, true modernity!

Oh, and cloth napkins with monogrammed napkin rings so that they can be used again as long as they are clean.

Last edited:
Top Bottom