What's new

Orient Mako Diver Accuracy

A new crystal, gasket, and complete refinishing on what must have been obviously to anyone from ten feet away a brand, spanking, new watch. That was a "careful examination" alright.

Also, the need for a new crystal, gasket, and complete refinishing certainly seem like something that would be slowing the watch down unduly.

No wonder Orient included what seems like an entire watch repair kit with mine. I suppose the assumption is that I am likely to do less costly damage on my own than taking to a watch repair shop! I assume there is some little lever to push over to one side or the other that adjusts this kind of thing!

Ask them if they think you were born yesterday. Good grief.

That's not an adjustment. That's an overhaul. Two different things.

A new crystal, gasket, and complete refinishing on what must have been obviously to anyone from ten feet away a brand, spanking, new watch. That was a "careful examination" alright.

Yes, all three of those items will be part of my discussion with these fine folks tomorrow morning.

It's so ridiculous that I can't even believe they had the nerve to try it.

There is absolutely no way the main spring would wear out after several months. I would be very much interested to hear about the outcome of your discussion.

my omega is running 18 seconds late a day, and i´ve been quoted 270 euros to have it "diparacited", im unsure if i should do it,

I would be very much interested to hear about the outcome of your discussion.

When I explained to them that it was a five-month old watch, their first question was why I didn't send it back under the warranty. (Answer: I was willing to spend a reasonable amount for an adjustment to avoid having to ship the watch back to California and wait weeks to get it back.)

After I continued to press on why my new watch needed such things as a new crystal, new gaskets, and refinishing to keep it from running slowly, the answer I got was "we do things the right way," i.e. a full servicing of the watch. Unbelievable gall.

When I explained to them that it was a five-month old watch, their first question was why I didn't send it back under the warranty. (Answer: I was willing to spend a reasonable amount for an adjustment to avoid having to ship the watch back to California and wait weeks to get it back.)

After I continued to press on why my new watch needed such things as a new crystal, new gaskets, and refinishing to keep it from running slowly, the answer I got was "we do things the right way," i.e. a full servicing of the watch. Unbelievable gall.

I love it! Manhattan, I take it!?, not to slur anyone, I just love the gall of it all.

I think I had a similar conversation with my Nissan dealer recently though, and that was after the work was done!

I still have those tools for you!

<diparacited>

Is that a word? I would think one could adjust an Omega to run a like faster, although I suppose it is possible that going slow indicates it needs a cleaning or lube or something.

What I do not know about watches would fill volumes!

Last edited:
Makes you wonder if you had signed up for the work whether you would really have gotten a new main spring, etc. Isn't it dicier anyway replacing a main spring that just making an adjustment. I mean are main springs interchangeable? Can one get an after mairket main spring?

Makes you wonder if you had signed up for the work whether you would really have gotten a new main spring, etc.

No kidding. I'm reasonably sure they didn't even open the watch before giving me their prescription for repair.

And yes, the place is in Manhattan. It happens to be blessed by a good location. Lucky for them, apparently.

I hope you had a good laugh at "the right way" being equated to not even considering what needed be done before issuing a repair invoice. Sounds like they did "right" by you by showing you that they're the wrong place to get your watch adjusted.

Sounds like they did "right" by you by showing you that they're the wrong place to get your watch adjusted.

Exactly.

Hey, if anyone knows a good watch repair place in Manhattan or Westchester County, NY, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom