What's new

Ordering direct from Ardennes

I am curious how one goes about requesting a specific layer or characteristics of a Coti when ordering directly from Ardennes? I have a few emails out but have been waiting almost 2 days to hear back (not sure if they made it/really busy/too impatient)

Anyone have any experience here that can shed some light on the process?

you should pop over to Coti.be and check with Bart. He's not affiliated with them, but he's on a first name basis with them...

Yeah I've got an email into Bart asking about it, and also looked around his forum for a bit but couldn't find anything. He's a busy dude no doubt. heh

It's the internet age right? Instant gratification... I want to know now! lol

Well, I do know that Ardeinnes prides itself on fantastic customer service, so my guess is that they are just busy. I'm sure they'll get back to you. FWIW, I believe that sometimes the good things are worth waiting for.... and if you request a particular vein, you could be in for a bit of a wait, anyways, depending on the vein. I've never heard of them disappointing anyone though.

BTW... I thought you had a deal cooking with Jarrod? I was to his sight the other day thinking I'd order yet another coti since his prices are so good, but the link to the Coti page doesn't seem to function any more. Has he quit selling them?

Go ahead and send Maurice an email, but it really helps to know what you're looking for. Check Bart's site and get educated then ask Maurice if it's avaiable:
info at ardennes-coticule.com

Last edited:
I had been emailing with Jarrod but was just curious as to whether or not it was possible from Ardennes directly. I have this nasty tendency to over analyze and do WAY too much research online... lol

It's a sickness and annoys my wife to no end. Jarrod was MEGA helpful in figuring out what I actually need.

ah ha! Thanks.
Seems to work fine now. I better get one ordered before SWMBO gets back home....:lol:

Well, I do know that Ardeinnes prides itself on fantastic customer service, so my guess is that they are just busy. I'm sure they'll get back to you. FWIW, I believe that sometimes the good things are worth waiting for.... and if you request a particular vein, you could be in for a bit of a wait, anyways, depending on the vein. I've never heard of them disappointing anyone though.

BTW... I thought you had a deal cooking with Jarrod? I was to his sight the other day thinking I'd order yet another coti since his prices are so good, but the link to the Coti page doesn't seem to function any more. Has he quit selling them?
http://www.thesuperiorshave.com/Coticules.html It looks like he added and changed some things around. Thats probably why the link was down.

Last edited:
Arrgghhh! you guys are a horrible influence!

I need another coti like I need a hole in the head. (this one's going to be strictly for my kitchen knives....):laugh:

They do have excellent customer service!

It can take a few days & sometimes even more to get an answer.
Remember, they are a small company & they are involved in mining, cutting, selecting & so on.

But they always get back to you & they do whatever they can to help you out!
I have the highest regard for Ardennes!

Yeah, they take a really long time to correspond, and don't necessarily acknowledge emails until they reply with order information. I think when I ordered from there it took something like a week-ten days for them to get back to me each time I sent an email. I'm not complaining, they are very courteous and give you great value for money.

Even tho the pricing is a bit better direct, Jarrod is very quick on the communication and very knowledgeable... I just hope I don't blow the budget, everything looks so good! haha...

In the comments section while you're finishing your order is where I requested which vein. I got exactly what I was looking for doing that as well. The stone will come in with pencil on it stating the name of the vein most of the time from what I've seen online.

Jarrod is fantastic to do business with as well, and I have ordered most of my Coticules through him. For some reason no one jumped on that $150 La Petite Blanche combo 50mm x 200mm he had, so after buying that I'm burned out on buying anymore.

In the comments section while you're finishing your order is where I requested which vein. I got exactly what I was looking for doing that as well. The stone will come in with pencil on it stating the name of the vein most of the time from what I've seen online.

Jarrod is fantastic to do business with as well, and I have ordered most of my Coticules through him. For some reason no one jumped on that $150 La Petite Blanche combo 50mm x 200mm he had, so after buying that I'm burned out on buying anymore.

I'd been eyeing for a week and a half that really fast La Dressante with partially seperating BBW. Then I was finally going to buy it yesterday and it was sold! If the buyer is listening and turns out not to want it, you know where to find me.

I'd been eyeing for a week and a half that really fast La Dressante with partially seperating BBW. Then I was finally going to buy it yesterday and it was sold! If the buyer is listening and turns out not to want it, you know where to find me.

According to the website I believe he still has both Les Dressante combos, or did you mean the $50 one that he almost said was too fast?

Jared, I got that one (impulse buy). Only tried it out once so far, but it seems really nice.

If you like, I can lend it to you after I've stabilized the crack, and tried it out some more.

When you order online from Ardennes. You simply choose a size & grade then in the message box request the characteristics you want. They are pretty spot on in supplying a stone that does as you ask.

I ordered from Jarrod today. Dude is hands down helpful. I will let you all know how the stones are working for me when they get here. :D

Thanks Jarrod!

Top Bottom