What's new

Ordering a Koraat, yes, no?

I have several Fillis,12,13, 14 and am thinking of ordering a Koraat 14.2 direct from them. Could I get some opinions on these from past or present owners, and also on how easy the people are to deal with A lot of change going off to Austria. Thanks

Check out this thread.
There's typically a several week waiting time after placing your order, depending on how busy he is. Ulrik is very easy to deal with.

Admittedly, my 14 2.0 is a bellied hollow, so not like a Fili 14 at all. However, it is just as good, in my view. And, with the ridiculous prices mint Fili 14s are going for, better value.

Plus, you are supporting an actual artisan and his family.

I absolutely love mine. Ulrik was great to deal with, the lead time was about 13 weeks from placing my order to shipping. They're not cheap but they're worth it.

IMG_2341.jpeg

Admittedly, my 14 2.0 is a bellied hollow, so not like a Fili 14 at all. However, it is just as good, in my view. And, with the ridiculous prices mint Fili 14s are going for, better value.

Plus, you are supporting an actual artisan and his family.
The extra thinned belly option shaves pretty similarly, although not identically. As far as price, yeah, you're not going to find a comparable newly made razor for that price.

Nice razors. In my opinion 65 hrc is too hard for this steel. If there was an option in the configurator to reduce the hardness i would have bought one.
That is just my personal opinion based on what type of face feel i get at this hardness level.
If you take face feel into account there is no added edge retention compared to e.g. a Böker razor at 59 hrc.
Does he heat threat these one by one, or in a batch?
Is he open to making changes to the hardness?

Does he heat threat these one by one, or in a batch?
Is he open to making changes to the hardness?
I think I recall a video where he was doing them in batches. You could email him and ask. The language on his website suggests he might be open to a custom HT. "If not otherwise agreed, all our razors are hardened to about 65 hrc."

Koraat razors are extremely nice, and the gent does amazing full hollow grinds and bellied full hollow grinds.

Are they better than an old Spanish or German 14? My opinion is that they are not. The 14 2.0 is smaller, and it just misses that certain something. However, like everyone has stated…nice new modern razors!

Top Bottom