What's new

Order of Pinaud

I think I qualify as well:

Original, Lime Sec, Citrus Musk, Bay Rum, Special Reserve, talc, moustache wax, styptic pencil and styling gel.

"I do solemnly affirm that I will uphold my membership to the Order of Pinaud (a.k.a "The Club"), through my loyalty to the fine A/S, my unwavering dedication to assist all wet shaving enthusiasts, and to promote the iron-clad fellowship that is B & B.

I do swear this on my sword, my Gillette Old Type Ball End, and my lance, my Ever Ready C40 with 20mm Pure Badger knot : my weapons of choice in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble".

Holy Smokes, I left out the Veg!

Picked up a bottle of Clubman at the pharmacy on a whim six or eight months ago and it immediately went into heavy rotation. Now, having read here about some of the other varieties, I splurged and ordered up several bottles of Pinaud Bay Rum, Special Reserve, and Vanilla. Looking forward to trying them out in the weeks ahead. [And for good measure, tossed a bottle of Musk into my Amazon cart yesterday]. Accordingly ...

I do solemnly affirm that I will uphold my membership to the Order of Pinaud (a.k.a "The Club"), through my loyalty to the fine A/S, my unwavering dedication to assist all wet shaving enthusiasts, and to promote the iron-clad fellowship that is B & B.

I do swear this on my swords (my Gillette '49 Fatboy and Merkur 34C) and my lances (my Omegas 11126 and 10049): my weapons of choice in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble.

Last edited:
I got an order of samples from Garry. All of the Pinaud offerings. Both my wife and I might be among the Chosen. I didn't like the Veg when it was wet, but when it dried, I loved the lilac scent it left. My wife remarked that she would like it as a perfume.

I will know more when I use it later this week on my shave. M<y goal is to use the normal amount that I would, so about half of the 1/4 oz sample bottle.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed all of the samples. I can't wait to use them!

picked up some talc today to try in the hot, humid Houston summer weather....a while back I picked up a BIG Omega Syntex nylon brush...and while I don't really like shaving with it I think it will be a perfect talc brush!....I knew it was $8 well spent!

picked up some talc today to try in the hot, humid Houston summer weather....a while back I picked up a BIG Omega Syntex nylon brush...and while I don't really like shaving with it I think it will be a perfect talc brush!....I knew it was $8 well spent!

Is a brush the best way apply the talc? I bought some a few weeks ago, since I liked the idea of applying some to my neck before putting on my shirt and tie, but haven't figured out how to apply it without getting it all over my shirt. I'm hesitant to apply it right after I shave, since my skin still feels a bit damp and I don't want to end up with a gluey mess.

Is a brush the best way apply the talc? I bought some a few weeks ago, since I liked the idea of applying some to my neck before putting on my shirt and tie, but haven't figured out how to apply it without getting it all over my shirt. I'm hesitant to apply it right after I shave, since my skin still feels a bit damp and I don't want to end up with a gluey mess.

yes, for the neck I think a brush is the best way to go....Sally's had real big talc brushes like in the barber shop for like $7 if you're interested.

yes, for the neck I think a brush is the best way to go....Sally's had real big talc brushes like in the barber shop for like $7 if you're interested.

Thanks. I'll look into that. Will be a whole lot better than going to work with a bunch of powder on my shirt.

New addition!! Has anyone used it?

I have been using Clubman hair gel for something like 10 years or maybe more. I first discovered it when I would go to the barbershop and the salty old barber would work the stuff into my freshly cut hair. It would smell so great, along with the talcum powder. I then decided I was going to switch to the Clubman gel and have never looked back. It is not greasy, has fine hold and body, can be reactivated later in the day by running wet hands through my hair, smells amazing, and never leaves nasty flakes behind!

When I jumped into wet shaving one of the things I had to do was buy a bottle of clubman Bay rum aftershave. I'm thinking of buying their shampoo, some of the other AS varieties (perhaps even the lilac veg) and although I'm not much of a talc guy, I'm thinking of getting some talcum powder.

"I do solemnly affirm that I will uphold my membership to the Order of Pinaud (a.k.a "The Club"), through my loyalty to the fine A/S, my unwavering dedication to assist all wet shaving enthusiasts, and to promote the iron-clad fellowship that is B & B.

I do swear this on my sword, my Merkur 34C, and my lance, my Vulfix Badger : my weapons of choice in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble".

Tonight, I tried the musk for the second time. I was not impressed when I put on. It seemed like the scent just disappeared.

It came back after it dried down. It came back in subtle and glorious ways.

I just got my first bottle of Clubman Bay Rum yesterday. It's my new favorite. And the wife did it too. Next purchase will be lime sec.

Yesterday, I splashed some Original on before going out to meet friends. One of them commented on it.

This evening, I used the last of the Vega sample. It's not my favorite, so It's not going into the full rotation.

Clubman original is my favorite. Also use Clubman shampoo & hair gel.

I do swear this on my sword, my (Muhle R41), and, my lance, my (Orchid Isle): my weapons of choice in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble

Clubman Pinaud is my favorite AS and gets 90% of the after shave work. I'm gonna have to get some of those samples. My wife says I smell like her grandpa. I don't think she means it as a compliment (she says it smells "old"), but I take it as a compliment.

I do swear this on my sword, my Merkur 23C, and, my lance, my Semogue 1305: my weapons of choice in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble".

Top Bottom