What's new

Orange Blossom?

So, is there a general description of this scent? Do they smell at all like oranges? I've been looking online and haven't found much that really explains it to me.

its the flower of the orange tree, not an orange itself. has an orange smell but different. quite hard to explain.
best examples i can think of for scents that have orange blossom:

penhaligons castile
kilian prelude to love
APOM pour homme

Thanks guys! Just seems like it's orange-y but in a flowery sort of way :lol:

Its not orangey...orange blossom smells flowery, like jasmine. I went to grad school in riverside, ca and the campus is completely surrounded by huge orange orchards. they have a whole citrus research department so they have every citrus fruit ever developed. Most of the fields are naval orange though. Anyway, every march the entire campus is enveloped in the scent of orange blossoms, its quite amazing driving home through the fields in the evening, I'd roll my windows down and just breathe it in. I'd say it's like jasmine mixed with honey....

Damn, now I need to get an orange blossom perfume :001_rolle

It's a very flowery scent and as others have mentioned, nothing like orange itself. The jasmine-like description is pretty good actually.

My favourite orange blossom ('neroli') is Czech & Speake's Neroli scent. This is very indicative of what pure orange blossom smells like.

Its not orangey...orange blossom smells flowery, like jasmine. I went to grad school in riverside, ca and the campus is completely surrounded by huge orange orchards. they have a whole citrus research department so they have every citrus fruit ever developed. Most of the fields are naval orange though. Anyway, every march the entire campus is enveloped in the scent of orange blossoms, its quite amazing driving home through the fields in the evening, I'd roll my windows down and just breathe it in. I'd say it's like jasmine mixed with honey....

Well said. There is also neroli, which is another citrus flower oil that smells similar. They are often confused. Fleur d'Oranger 27 by Le Labo is still my favorite. There are others, for sure, lots of them, that smell fantastic but FdO27 is my pick.

In before Jason...
It smells good! Pens Orange Blossom is phenomenal!

Living in FL, anytime we take the dog to a park there are normally orange trees, which she loves for me to shake until an orange falls off and she can eat it. While she's doing that, the GF is picking up all the flowers because she too loves they way they smell.

It smells good! Pens Orange Blossom is phenomenal!

Jason, are you referring to the Penhaligon's Anthology series reissue of Orange Blossom or its original long-discontinued namesake? I absolutely love the opening of the re-issue, but on my skin it quickly transforms into a vaguely "feminine-hygene product" yilang-yilang heavy mess. Haven't tried the original though.

She hasn't mentioned it lately, but my wife was interested in an orange blossom fragrance. Anyone have any suggestions for a lady's? I looked up several (all expensive) but have totally forgotten what they were. Think the main one was by a woman designer in the U.K. Never did get a sample.

She hasn't mentioned it lately, but my wife was interested in an orange blossom fragrance. Anyone have any suggestions for a lady's? I looked up several (all expensive) but have totally forgotten what they were. Think the main one was by a woman designer in the U.K. Never did get a sample.

Le Labo makes a Neroli and a Fleur d'Orange. Both are highly recommended. Their Neroli is a bit softer.

Top Bottom