What's new

Opinions on ATT m1 vs m2 and/or s1 vs s2

Is there a big difference between the closed comb and open combed versions of these razors? I own both m1 and s1 and was curious if people prefer the open combed versions and why. Also how do the m2 or s2 compare to say Gillette NEW lc? (in terms of aggressiveness)
Thanks.

I have used the M2, but not the M1. As for the S2, I find it to be more aggressive than the S1. When I first started using the ATT slants the S1 gave me the smoother shaving experience compared to the S2, however I found that as my technique with the S2 improved I actually got a smoother, and closer shave from the S2 than the S1. I prefer the Gillette LC over the M2 as I found the LC to be smoother and gave me a closer shave. The S2 is the more aggressive shaver for me than the LC, but I enjoy them both.

I have an M1 and M2. I personally find the ATT OCs smoother than the SBs, though I read a thread here the other day where a member professed the opposite. For reference, I'd say my facial hair density is average but the hair itself is coarse. Also don't think the M1 would perform very well for me with more than a day's growth because the blade gap is so small. I'm not really a vintage razor guy so I can't compare to the Gillette.

I have the M2 and a Gillette SC. I prefer the M2 because of the weight and the blade feel. I have tried a few vintage Gillettes and I'm not really a fan because they don't have enough blade feel for me. I find that I do better with angle and pressure when I can feel the blade.

Top Bottom