What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

I have a somewhat older truck, so the AC makes incredible noise and a little bit of cold air.
It can get hot in there in the summer.
So, I’m thinking about cutting a small 1/2”disK off of a stick of ARKO and using it to hold a bobble hula dancer to my dash.

Then no matter how hot it gets with my feeble AC, I’ll look and smell like a millionaire as my lady dances about smiling.

ARKO the scent of the rich and infamous!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I have a somewhat older truck, so the AC makes incredible noise and a little bit of cold air.
It can get hot in there in the summer.
So, I’m thinking about cutting a small 1/2”disK off of a stick of ARKO and using it to hold a bobble hula dancer to my dash.

Then no matter how hot it gets with my feeble AC, I’ll look and smell like a millionaire as my lady dances about smiling.

ARKO the scent of the rich and infamous!
Why not try this, buy a twelve pack of Arko sticks and keep them in the freezer, then bring them into the bathroom with you when you are shaving and they will keep you cool despite your feeble A/C, especially if you face lather.

While making hollandaise sauce, I realised I had run out of fresh lemons. I saved the day and my sauce with a slice of Arko to add the subtle lemony tang essential to a good hollandaise.

I also managed to shave with the leftovers.

Hollandaise Sauce

(per portion - scale up as required)

one egg yolk
50g butter (preferably unsalted so you can season to taste)
half a tablespoon of water
lemon juice (or Arko) to taste
pinch of black pepper

You don't actually need to do this in a bain marie. Just chuck everything in a pan (except the lemon juice/Arko). Stir constantly while warming the ingredients GENTLY. Just enough heat to melt the butter. You don't want to cook the egg yolks at this stage.

Once the butter is all melted, turn the heat up to medium-low. Now we want to get some heat into the mix so the egg yolks start to set - but not too much. Stir vigorously with a whisk for 5-10 minutes until the sauce thickens to the required gloop index.

Finally add lemon juice / Arko a little at a time until it tastes just right. Ditto salt & pepper.

Great with fish, broccolli, asparagus and of course eggs benedict.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I celebrated America this morning by rubbing Arko all over my face and then I hit it with a wet Beagle bulb. What a shave. Finished up with Old Spice Lime. All in the patriotic pursuit of happiness.

Now, THAT is a celebration. Wicked good lather, lemony goodness, the ARKO Man joining in the festivities, the freedom of a great shave.

M

mtcn77

Nest week is the annual B&B SHARK WEEK. Anyone interested in joining me in adding a week of Arko and making it

ARKO-SHARKO WEEK?
I have already started it with ingrown hair bumps on my right side. Arko to the Sharko Week! :001_wub:

M

mtcn77

I've known guys whose entire faces have blown up with really painful ingrown hairs. A terrible affliction.
It really burns when it sets. I have beard loss at the jaw angle because of it. Luckily it is not very visible.

I could have gotten it from the blade, too, since I dry the blade with the towel. Got to stick with toilet paper.

Normally I'm very finnicky, washing with vinegar and then soap before every shave. Just not post-shave.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I have already started it with ingrown hair bumps on my right side. Arko to the Sharko Week! :001_wub:

Use a properly honed straight razor and you will not have that problem. And you won’t need menthol either, your face will not be ‘hot’ after you shave.

Top Bottom