What's new

Online shopping at Land's End

Pretty sure my brain is jumbled and this is proof. My original post, which is here -

Online shopping @LL Bean - anyone?

- questioned if any gents shopped at LL Bean when I actuall meant Land's End. The two are easily confused, I'll tell myself. Anywho, seems Bean does NOT ship w/out tags, from our members' reports, but the question should have been for LE. Same issue as in prev. post: Bought on sale, comes in plastic bag (with barcode, granted), yet no clothing tags on "fishing line." Weird? Anyone have experience with LE and this?

Thanks, and sorry from an old fart with apparent brain demise.....

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
That makes more sense to me. Bean has always been fabulous in my experience. However, I hear LE is slipping. Been a while since bought anything from them.

I bought several sweaters for my Mother in the past couple of months from Lands End. Some came with tags some not. Now the items I purchased were identical because I purchased 2-3 of the same ones, same size and style. Mother was happy with all of them.

Not sure if this answers or helps with your question.

I agree LE is not LL Bean.

That makes more sense to me. Bean has always been fabulous in my experience. However, I hear LE is slipping. Been a while since bought anything from them.
I dont know if Id say LE is slipping. Sears has been slipping for a number of years but LE restructured a couple years ago and are better than ever, IMO. My wife worked for LE when we lived in Wisconsin.

I do not recall the tag situation from LE but have shopped from there quite a bit online. I have bought the same item in different colors/patterns over the course of year or so and have not noticed a QC issue or size difference.
They have friendly customer service so I imagine if you needed to return an item that didn’t have a tag, they would most likely comply - but that’s strictly my opinion and not from experience. They are always trying to please the customer from my experiences.

Good to hear. So is it common practice to send out online shipments with no tags, just in bags? Or should I be concerned?
I cant tell you that as my wife no longer works for them. However, its a tag. Does the item fit right, is it true to size? If those are both the case, who cares?

Because if you would receive a garment delivered to your front door and it has no tags attached, it seems natural that one would conclude that perhaps a garment returned by a previous customer or a used garment had been delivered to you. A reasonable concern, I think.

Well, if that is indeed the case, the question still remains: Why does the garment have no tags? Odd ....

An update. From the LE CSR:

"I am not sure why the item would not have a tag....You are certainly welcome to return the item for a refund if you wish?"

Then he proceeded to offer me free shipping back, etc. sending a label. Very professional. Then he offered to ship a new sweater. So hat's off. I do wonder what the deal was - when I asked if I was inadvertently sent a returned/used item he didn't respond at all, and I didn't push it. Seems like it could've been the case; it might've been a warehouse issue. I guess &^% happens. Got a new sweater coming.

UPDATE #2: Rec'd new sweater, same as the old sweater... No tags, etc. Must be a Land's End thang.

I've shopped Land's End for years and love their clothing. I love LL Bean, too. In my opinion, Land's End ring-spun jeans are outstanding. They fit well and wear well. The last ones I bought did not have tags on the clothing

I've shopped Land's End for years and love their clothing. I love LL Bean, too. In my opinion, Land's End ring-spun jeans are outstanding. They fit well and wear well. The last ones I bought did not have tags on the clothing

Well that's interesting. I also spoke with an associate at my local LE (in Sears), and she said that it would be strange if clothing HAD tags (even though one item did). She said normally, those from the online side do not have tags.

Interesting...

Top Bottom