What's new

Online shopping @LL Bean - anyone?

Any of you fellows shop online at Bean? I usually hit the store but found some super online deals lately. Turns out, when I got them, a couple of items had no tags!!? Granted, they were all in bags, but the no tags thing seems weird to me. Why ship something without any tags? Seems like it could be a returned/used item then, just saying....
Is this your experience at Bean online?

My wife orders from Bean all the time and she always has tags on her items but she has never bought anything from there that was on sale.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
That's the way that some retailers off-load seconds. Prevents them from being returned.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
No tags as in the price tags held on by fishing wire? Or labels?
I would guess price tags are more for retail.

No tags as in the price tags held on by fishing wire? Or labels?

The garment itself has the usual taggage. I'm talking about labels - like the tags that typically come on clothes - attached with the plastic line - that tell about the article, not necessarily a price tag (but that usually accompany a price tag). Most garments I've seen have some tags stating what it is, etc. Only time I've ever NOT had one was a hat from a smaller hatmaker in Ireland - but most larger corps have taggage.

I've bought from them online before but can't remember if the clothing had tags or not. Sorry, not very helpful. Their clothes run a bit big for me, so I likely won't buy clothing from them again.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The garment itself has the usual taggage. I'm talking about labels - like the tags that typically come on clothes - attached with the plastic line - that tell about the article, not necessarily a price tag (but that usually accompany a price tag). Most garments I've seen have some tags stating what it is, etc. Only time I've ever NOT had one was a hat from a smaller hatmaker in Ireland - but most larger corps have taggage.
i have bought a bunch from them over the years but cant remember if they had these tags. I know what you mean now and maybe it is a bit strange. I wouldn't think they would send used or returned items. maybe call and complain.

Always tags on the items I receive from them. I shopped with them online a few times in the past few months so my recollection is good on this one.

The garment itself has the usual taggage. I'm talking about labels - like the tags that typically come on clothes - attached with the plastic line - that tell about the article, not necessarily a price tag (but that usually accompany a price tag).

I have no idea if this is a new thing, but from my standpoint are informational tags necessary for something bought online (from a store that will take almost anything back)? Maybe they are moving in that direction.

Or, on the flip side, if they were "on sale" perhaps they were not properly tagged to be sold in the store in the first place? Just kind of guessing here.

Total Bean Head here.

There is an outlet nearby and it makes returning seamless. Everything has had tags from my experience. Perhaps those items were returned and resold.

If they are fine, use them. If you find a defect, send them back for a refund or exchange. Great company with exchanges.

Top Bottom