What's new

Lands End online

First purchase at LE online, though I've been to the shops in Sears (way more stuff online)> Anywho, bought a nice down vest and winter sweater for cheap last month on a sale, and be damned if it didn't come in the funniest bags for each garment. Weird thing was the sweater, though it came in a bag, had no tags whatsoever--but it didn't really look "used," if you know what I mean. Seemed clean. Vest all was ok.

So my question is this: Anyone else buy from LE online, and is your mileage similar, meaning, ever received a purchase that had no tags from them? Both things in a bag, but no tags on the sweater at all. I've just never heard of that anywhere in a store online or otherwise (clothing), and I thought I'd ask.

I’ve shopped Lands End for years. In fact, I have an order coming in 2 days!! However, since they were bought by Sears, quality has suffered. Now I have to be selective about what I buy. Polo shirts especially are poorly made.

Sorry, just reread your post. I’ve never gotten anything without tags. That sounds fishy.

I believe Sears sold off LE a few years ago. I have purchased from them for years also with no issues.

It's possible the items may be new/returned items. They have such a generous return policy - no questions asked - that it may have been something that was returned but is basically a new item without tags.

Havent had a problem, had to update my dress shirts due to some weight loss, and their tailored fit were just right, and when 40% off coupon, and on sale, i got shirts for under $30 ($19-30), which is the most i will spend to look nice at the hospital (cheaper than some good scrubs!) given what can get on them.

I also like that I can return items to my local sears with no hassle.

Yeah, so I called up CS at LE today to see what's up with the no tag. CS rep was sketchy at best, finally conceding that yes, they would send a return back out if it looked new, making sure all tags were on it. Uh huh. She also thought the tags were on the inside at first (those are the washing instructions tags); she had to go chat with someone before she could give me (the above) "answer." Sounds fishy. Think I'll take it to Sears...

When you say tags, you mean paper tags that are to be taken off before the garment is worn? I've bought a lot of Lands end and since most of the sales they make are mail-order, they don't put tags on a lot of stuff like they might if they were going to sell it in a store. I don't remember any tags on the dress shirts or jeans I've gotten from them in the past. Just ID info on a adhesive label on the plastic bag. I kinda like that, less waste and less taking stuff off the garment before I wear it.

I think the CSR got confused and flaked out a bit. If you don't think the clothes are new and fresh, take them back, but otherwise, I would consider them brand new. LE would let you return something for any reason, don't think the CSR saying you can return it means anything other than LE has an extremely liberal return policy.

Land's End has gone public and they have fewer ties with Sears than they had before, but Sears or related companies still own a large majority of LE. LE has kinda been drifting as far as men's clothes, not much direction or consistency, IMHO.

Last edited:
Just ordered from them with a huge discount. Never had an issue with them and always liked everything I got from them

Top Bottom