What's new

One More Flatboy Review

as it was a bit harder to find for myself than I expected, here it is.
Thanx, I noticed mine does have a slight frown too. However, I'm still getting great shaves from it though.

Ok, so I contacted Razorine about this "frown" situation and Gianni replied to me that this is normal. To limit flex they suggest using stiffer blades like Feathers. Well ok then.
At any rate, it doesn't concern me at all, because I have been getting great shaves, no irritation, nicks, weepers etc. A number of people have been concerned about it being overly aggressive...nope, just very efficient. For example as I've said before, the R41 and me never got along, I always wound up nicked and cut up. This is, to me, a great razor.
Make sure that the blade doesn't "frown" (curve downward

I had read that somewhere (I think on a YouTube review) that the issue had been fixed. Problem is, what version will I get? Maybe it's an older one, maybe not! We'll see!
Nope, you're getting the same one I have and they tell me it's normal. Use stiffer blades (their suggestion). I still get great shaves with it.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
The blade was either a Feather or a Nacet.

But if Gianni says so. In the end it is up to you, I disagree though.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Ok, so I contacted Razorine about this "frown" situation and Gianni replied to me that this is normal. To limit flex they suggest using stiffer blades like Feathers. Well ok then.
At any rate, it doesn't concern me at all, because I have been getting great shaves, no irritation, nicks, weepers etc. A number of people have been concerned about it being overly aggressive...nope, just very efficient. For example as I've said before, the R41 and me never got along, I always wound up nicked and cut up. This is, to me, a great razor.
The efficiency is what I crave. Adding this to the purchase list!

I use a washer (which fits perfectly in the baseplate to prevent over tightening. Works every time so far.

Guido

I received the Razorine Flatboy!
Right out of the box it has patina and what seems like corrosion. Even the handle is all marked up. Horrible QC and quality on this razor. Fatip doesn't have the best QC but the quality is way above the Razorine and the Fatip is half the cost.
I didn't even have the urge to shave with it after seeing it that way.
Anyways, it's going back and I don't want a replacement🤣
Here are some pictures:

full

full

Last edited:
Right out of the box it has patina and what seems like corrosion. Even the handle is all marked up. Horrible QC and quality on this razor. Fatip doesn't have the best QC but the quality is way above the Razorine and the Fatip is half the cost.
Here are some pictures:

full

full

Wow, mine was pristine. Far better than Fatip (which I sold). Looks like it wasn't packaged very well for the trip from Italy. I'm curious, did you buy it from Shave Nation?

Here are some pictures:

full

full
Hmm - if I look at the lettering on the baseplate I am going out on a limb here and say that you have received a second hand.

I received mine from Italy via Etsy and it was in mint condition without patina or scratching. Razorine is made with CNC from solid brass and then hand polished.

Patina did not start forming until months after I acquired her. To give you an idea:

I would be inclined to contact the seller for this one Larry.

Guido

Hmm - if I look at the lettering on the baseplate I am going out on a limb here and say that you have received a second hand.

I received mine from Italy via Etsy and it was in mint condition without patina or scratching. Razorine is made with CNC from solid brass and then hand polished.

Patina did not start forming until months after I acquired her. To give you an idea:

Guido
I thought the same thing that it looks used.
I definitely expected one like yours!
I've contacted Shave Nation and I'm awaiting a response. Stinks because it's the first purchase I've ever made from them.
On the bright side, their alum block deodorant stick that I ordered is great🤣

I've contacted Shave Nation and I'm awaiting a response. Stinks because it's the first purchase I've ever made from them.
And you rightly should! I would suggest to get a new replacement rather than a refund. You deserve to shave with the Flatboy. And (totally being selfish here 😅) I am very curious how you measure the Flatboy against the Green Cult for example and others in your fine collection!

Guido

Ok, so I contacted Razorine about this "frown" situation and Gianni replied to me that this is normal. To limit flex they suggest using stiffer blades like Feathers.
Hmm, seems not good 🙄
I use a washer (which fits perfectly in the baseplate to prevent over tightening. Works every time so far.
I put a nylon washer on the baseplate also. This does help, but if I fully tighten the handle the blade still frowns. I have to loosen the handle "just so" to get a straight blade. My concern is that the handle will get too loose during shaving.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!

Guido

Yep, I did.

And you rightly should! I would suggest to get a new replacement rather than a refund. You deserve to shave with the Flatboy. And (totally being selfish here 😅) I am very curious how you measure the Flatboy against the Green Cult for example and others in your fine collection!

Guido

If it were me I would ask for a refund from Shave Nation, since they appear to have sold you a false bill of goods. Volunteer to send it back if they pay for shipping. Contact your credit card company if they refuse.

I have a low tolerance for dishonesty. From the facts given this seems quite dishonest.

Buy one direct from Italy!! And, PLEASE let us know how it compares to Green Cult!

My concern is that the handle will get too loose during shaving.
I have not experienced that at all. I do turn it as tight as I can comfortably feel (my dad used to be a plumber and he always said to me “tight is tight” meaning that if you feel it’s tight stop!) - no need to King Kong your handle 😁 according to Geofatboy. The washer actually prevents that as it acts as a buffer (which is no free ticket to go all the way).

Guido

If it were me I would ask for a refund from Shave Nation, since they appear to have sold you a false bill of goods. Volunteer to send it back if they pay for shipping. Contact your credit card company if they refuse.

I have a low tolerance for dishonesty. From the facts given this seems quite dishonest.

Buy one direct from Italy!! And, PLEASE let us know how it compares to Green Cult!
I wouldn't call any of this dishonesty. I doubt (if it's used) that they had anything to do with it. Stuff happens! And it's my first purchase from them but they seem to have a stellar reputation.
I'm certain that they'll take care of it with no issues!

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Here are some pictures:

full

full

I regret to say that I bought mine from Shavenation, and it is so clearly secondhand that it is laughable. Scratches all over the head, disgusting gunk in the crevices. It doesn't even look to have been cleaned.

Now, to be fair, I don't know whose fault this is. I am giving shavenation a chance to send me an actual new razor as advertised rather than what I got. We will see. I don't know if he got it from Italy in this condition, or who recycled the razor, but it is completely unacceptable as is. I will be challenging this on my credit card if SN doesn't make it right.

What is the etsy site of the manufacturer in Italy? I think I will just buy directly from them.

I regret to say that I bought mine from Shavenation, and it is so clearly secondhand that it is laughable. Scratches all over the head, disgusting gunk in the crevices. It doesn't even look to have been cleaned.

Now, to be fair, I don't know whose fault this is. I am giving shavenation a chance to send me an actual new razor as advertised rather than what I got. We will see. I don't know if he got it from Italy in this condition, or who recycled the razor, but it is completely unacceptable as is. I will be challenging this on my credit card if SN doesn't make it right.

What is the etsy site of the manufacturer in Italy? I think I will just buy directly from them.
Oh wow! So this is definitely an issue then. Good to hear about your experience!
I shipped mine back to Shavenation this week.
I told them that a refund or exchange would be fine. The response was an email with the shipping label and nothing else said. So we'll see after they receive it whether they'll send me a new one or simply refund me.

Top Bottom