What's new

One handle to rule them all!

View attachment 1533802
Circa 1993 at LACR Raceway. Found the winners circle in Street Legal 1 that day too!
View attachment 1533809
The 'stang leaving my Mom's house in 2019 where it has lived for most of it's life after getting some fresh paint in 1999.
View attachment 1533810
Where the 'stang sits right now, patiently waiting for me to bring it home and re-install the interior and powertrain.

~doug~
Wow Doug, That is one gorgeous Mustang. Love the paint color too. I bet you put alot of hours and work into the Stang. They don’t make them like they used to!

Thanks for sharing!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Wow Doug, That is one gorgeous Mustang. Love the paint color too. I bet you put alot of hours and work into the Stang. They don’t make them like they used to!
It had a custom built class 3 trailer hitch when I used it to tow my ski-boat from 1978-1988. Got some interesting looks at the racetrack. Don't see too many 11 second street cars with trailer hitches. Lol.

~doug~

lasta

Blade Biter
Wunderbar + Alpha Viper
Outlaw + Alpha Bravo
Timeless 14mm 100mm Barber Pole Timeless Ti Crown

In general I prefer my handles long and heavy. Just like Col. Kilgore prefers heavier surfboards vs lighter ones in Apocalypse Now.

I like the variety and love knurls.

I might get some Windrose handles and maybe some of the more monstrous WCS handles in future.

I think handles are the part where a funnels tuned razor head can be turned into fancy art. The functionality must not suffer, though.

I find it quite fascinating how many people prefer short and light handles. Seems to be a trend, but I am not a fan.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Although I admit I'm a form over function guy with regards to recent hobby'ing.

I don't mind shaving with longer handles, but with my small collection of mostly sleeker heads, shorter handles are more aesthetically balanced. I'm sure a 100mm handle will look fine with a Timeless!
Image_20221005153556.jpg

For something readily available, the RazoRock vintage bar handles are awesome. Grippy, heavy, but short enough that balance is never an issue:
Image_20221005153605.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
As much as I like how the Timeless Ti Crown handles look.. and how well they work with most of my razors... the Wolfman Darwin handle might be the nicest looking of them all.

I was on the Wolfman list to buy one.... but ended up buying a couple razors instead. But that just gives me something for which to look forward. I'll own one, one day, I'm sure. A work of art..... and it makes the unobtainable available to most of us.

View attachment 1533802
Circa 1993 at LACR Raceway. Found the winners circle in Street Legal 1 that day too!
View attachment 1533809
The 'stang leaving my Mom's house in 2019 where it has lived for most of it's life after getting some fresh paint in 1999.
View attachment 1533810
Where the 'stang sits right now, patiently waiting for me to bring it home and re-install the interior and powertrain.

~doug~

More a formula kinda guy but love anything cars :)
love seeing others car passion

drag story for ya :)
I had some friends in school whos dad was a big drag car guy
it was not really until later on did I realize who the guy was !
I remember the one accident we were in grade-school when their dad got burnt really bad and going to their house I still remember that so well
but he was just my friends dad who raced cars when we were young ! later in life like in High school getting more into cars did I realize he was a racing legend

Not sure your age or history but if you knew the name Herm Pertersen he was quite a drag car legend in the 60s-80s

Last edited:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Of these, from L to R (RR: barberpole, bulldog, DH, and Maggard's MR18), my current favorite is the HD.
View attachment 1537183
I like the Barberpole, but I shortened mine a little and drilled it out to lighten it up.
Not sure your age or history but if you knew the name Herm Petersen he was quite a drag car legend in the 60s-80s
I ran my 1961 Metropolitan and 1965 Mustang at OCIR, Wednesday night Run-What-You-Brung $1 jackpot races, $5 to match your Dial-In, starting around 1972.

I could never get the Metro to hook-up and smoked the four and a half inch wide back tires most of the way but hit over 90mph with a built twin carb 1500cc 4 cylinder. The 65 Mustang usually ran 14:70's around 98mph with a mostly stock 4 barrel 289 V8.
I got a runner-up at OCIR once with the 65 Mustang, after 9 rounds of competition, there were over 300 cars entered and got around $100 in cash and contingencies, but I used to match my Dial-In at least once a night and get back my entry fee of $4.75.

The big cars all used to come out Wednesday nights and test before the WinterNationals, it was quite the show for a few bucks.
Yep, I remember Herm.

~doug~

I did make a couple of runs just before the County (OCIR) closed in 1983 with the 67 'stang, in full boat towing trim, as I was into water-skiing at the time. I still have the ET Slips, both 14:39's, one at 94.83mph, and the other at 95.74mph.
20221011_123627[1].jpg

lasta

Blade Biter
Really beautiful handles.
Is any of them still somewhere available to buy?
Hi Miracle,

These are custom made, so unfortunately you won't find them anywhere. If you want, I can ask if the guy is willing to take on international requests.

If you want to support local, @Rosseforp also makes great custom handles, Shavemac will make similar ones to mine (resin) if you ask, and I'd suspect any brush maker can take this up if they wanted. The resin is Alumilite, which I understand a lot of brush makers are also using.

It takes a bit of correspondence and batch by batch dial-ins, but I find the correspondence more enlightening than just buying something off the rack.

Hi Miracle,

These are custom made, so unfortunately you won't find them anywhere. If you want, I can ask if the guy is willing to take on international requests.

If you want to support local, @Rosseforp also makes great custom handles, Shavemac will make similar ones to mine (resin) if you ask, and I'd suspect any brush maker can take this up if they wanted. The resin is Alumilite, which I understand a lot of brush makers are also using.

It takes a bit of correspondence and batch by batch dial-ins, but I find the correspondence more enlightening than just buying something off the rack.
Hi,
thanks, I will check the locals you mentioned.

I have tried a few handles from Maggard, and also a ball end. I always end up going back to the original bakelite that came with my 1951 Tech. Not as slippery as the ball end, and I prefer short and light.

Attachments

• 239E99D9-A099-4192-B9E2-F811D33CB13B.jpeg
    239E99D9-A099-4192-B9E2-F811D33CB13B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
The cheap Lemonwald stainless steel handle (shape looks identical to the handle of the Rockwell 6C, has an M5 thread).
It has perfect knurling, even wet and soapy hands wont get it to slide and the grip is not "biting" too much.
I bought it on Aliexpress ...

Top Bottom