What's new

One Blade Only

Hi guys! If you had only one brand of blade to use for the rest of your life what would it be? In my case it would be GSBs. They are a great balance of smooth and sharpness. For a second choice it would be Gillette Yellows. They cut well! And are not too expensive.
What’s your blade?
I am very curious....all responses welcome. Oh and give the reasons why and your experiences with them...!
Let’s make this a LONG thread!

Razorhead

Problem here is that Astra greens just aren't "sexy". Me declaring them "The One" will draw no notice.

Polsilvers are sexy. Wizamets. Nacets. Feathers.

That’s a tough one for me. Using Rubie Plus this week and loving it but I’d probably choose a Nacet to be my one and only.
Hate to say it but I probably could choose at least 6.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Schick Platinum Plus.

Sadly, I have less than 50 of those left, so I make do with Wizasilvers.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Feathers, assuming we are talking DE blades. Or if you mean all time, Personna 74's followed by the Plat Plus's just mentioned ..

ASTRA Superior Platinum

1577412572034.png

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Well I have different formats of razors, but for DE it would be one of the USA made Personna's. Probably the med prep. I'll use my others but once they are done, it's made in the USA going forward for my blades. One exception will be needing FHS-10's for one of my razors.

Brand? P&G lol. I think that covers Astra, Gillette, Polsilver, and a few others :p

Blade itself? Probably a Personna, any of them.

For me it's easy, it would be the Wilkinson Sword classic made in Germany.
Sharp enough, smooth and excellent long lasting performance.

It's kind of funny because the same blade is in the thread of worst blades, posted by me some years ago. But I gave it another chance a year ago and discovered what a great blade it is. Shows just how important it is to not judge a blade before you have worked on your technique.

Top Bottom