What's new

Omega Pro 48 Vs Proraso Pro

As the title says. I'm looking at one of these two. As far as I can tell, there is little difference between the two with the proraso having a whopping 5mm shorter loft and the Pro 48 being 30% cheaper. Would love to hear your opinions on these two before I make a purchase.

the pro 48 being 30% cheaper :eek2: if you are from Sydney that might make sense, but check the bay. I own both and the pro 48 is larger with a much higher loft. It is floppy right off the bat compared to the proraso pro. The 49(10083 is a 49 in chrome) as mentioned would be a better option if you want a little lower loft.

Last edited:
The pro brushes are great, but you should understand in Italy barbers control the large knot by pinching it with three fingers. It is really designed for this, and works well but if you don't pinch, it may seem floppy over time. I've come to like the slightly smaller Omega boars the most of their line: brushes such as the 11137, 10081 or 80080 are medium-sized but have a lot of the same characteristics as the bigger pro brushes. Another brush you might consider is the Omega 20102, which has a higher loft, but retains good backbone. The 20102 also has a nicer than average handle for Omega.

Proraso Pro = short and scrubby - I like it
Pro 48 = pretty big knot 29/67 and might get floppy with extended use

the 49 is closer to the Proraso Pro
The 48 is 70mm, I think
The pro brushes are great, but you should understand in Italy barbers control the large knot by pinching it with three fingers. It is really designed for this, and works well but if you don't pinch, it may seem floppy over time. I've come to like the slightly smaller Omega boars the most of their line: brushes such as the 11137, 10081 or 80080 are medium-sized but have a lot of the same characteristics as the bigger pro brushes. Another brush you might consider is the Omega 20102, which has a higher loft, but retains good backbone. The 20102 also has a nicer than average handle for Omega.
+1 for 11137, 10081 or 80080.
Still nothing wrong with the Proraso brush. It is good for face lathering and doesn't need holding the bristles like the Italian barbers do, since it is shorter. If I shave with something very aggressive like the Ikon Tek, or Ikon short comb, I usually reach for it.

Top Bottom