What's new

Omega 50014 Travel Brush

Not yet, but like you I'm curious about it. I use boars most times and I'm looking for one with a short loft (less than 50mm), but with a decent size handle. The dimensions on the 50014 seem just about right for what I'm looking for.

Hopefully someone will chime in.

I really like it and it was the brush that made me decide for shorter lofted boars (and let go of the badgers). Great face latherer and always with me when I shave away from home. Great backbone yet soft enough after breaking it in.

I really like it and it was the brush that made me decide for shorter lofted boars (and let go of the badgers). Great face latherer and always with me when I shave away from home. Great backbone yet soft enough after breaking it in.

Thanks for the info, I have one inbound, bought mainly because it is the shortest loft boar I could find.

Thanks for the info, I have one inbound, bought mainly because it is the shortest loft boar I could find.

My fav boar has the same lenght of hairs; the Vulfix 2189. It is rather different though with thinner hairs and higher density; it took me some time before I liked it at all and breaking it in takes ages.

After a year I liked it so much I bought a spare. Half a year after that I bought a second spare.....just to be sure never to be without as I think they are no longer made anymore. It is the only brush I ever bought more than once, at least for personal use.

So this thing came in today. Pretty tiny little thing, but a bit of a workhorse. I really like the short loft, not sure there are even semogues that are as short. These are like 44MM in loft. Did a great job on the MWF:

$155.jpg$156.jpg$157.jpg$159.jpg

Nice pics Phil! Thanks for sharing them. This one is next on my list.

How is it holding the handle without the tube attached? The dimensions seem like it would be fine, just curious how it feels in the hand.

I was really curious about this. Ended up getting a travel tube instead...but this still intrigues me. With the short loft, was it a lot more scritchy than other boars with a longer loft or just as comparable as other boars?

It was not scritchy at all. The handle feels fine with or without the tube. I was a little disappointed as I had to go back to the puck of soap after the first pass. I think I am figuring out why boar brushes tend to have a longer loft than a boar brush. They give up LOTS of lather.

I have the 50014 and the Omega 11648. They are similarly sized and lofted knots. The 11648 is my favorite brush by far. Soft, with plenty of backbone and no scritch. It's a face lathering phenom. The 50014 performs just as well, but see's less use.

Here they are next to my vintage Berkley for size comparison.

$Str8 pics 096.jpg

Hello Gents! I hope you don't mind me jumping in late in the thread. I have been researching and comparing boar brushes for a few weeks. I have a "get" list going after spending time in this forum. Soren (shm) and others were a lot of help. Anyway, I'm still choosing between a couple Semogue brushes.

I've been debating a brush primarily for travel and orderd the 50014 from Italian Barber along with Palmolive and La Toja sticks. I just got the order today. My first out of the box impression: Boy this is small! Looks great. I gave it a couple soaks and shampoo routines and have it sitting on deck for it's first at bat tomorrow. What can I expect for break-in period? I plan to use it straight for a couple weeks before I pack it for a vacation. I'm not sure if I should use it in the storage tube of just by the handle. Might need the tube for length if I use a mug or bowl. Any other thoughts?

I like to use the tube as a handle just for the extra length. Since you are using it at home for the next couple of weeks, be sure to store it exposed, not in the tube so you get maximum drying between shaves. I found the hairs to be pretty soft on the first use not really scritchy at all. Not too much boar funk. Until it breaks in and depending on the number of passes you typically do, you may need to re-charge, it is tiny. Have fun with it and let us know what you think!

Phil, thanks for your input. Maiden voyage went well. New brush and first use of a shaving stcick. I went with the La Toja today. My experience was same as yours... essentially no boar funk, acceptable softness after a soak and felt fine on my face. I like the fragrance of the La Toja, wish it was stronger! I went w/o the tube and just held the little 'fella by the handle. The stick and brush combination produced plenty of lather and I had just enough left on the brush for my third pass. I was tempted to recharge but I wanted to squeeze out the 3-pass and it was OK. I gave the brush a good drying on a towl and left out to dry as is my practice with my brushes. I may be imagining but it seems to already be starting to splay some. I am going to stay with the 50014 for 10 days before I pack for my trip. I will post again later.

I just placed an order for one of these brushes along with an Omega 11126 from Maggard Razors, and I look forward to receiving it! My only other experience with a travel shaving brush was a GBS Pure Badger travel brush I ordered from Amazon, and I wasn't very satisfied with its performance. I do have experience with Omega brushes, as I do own and love my 10098. If this brush performs as well as that one does, then I will be very happy indeed!

I will add that I am very surprised that Maggard has a better deal on Omega brushes than Amazon. In fact, Maggard seems to have the best prices on Omega of any of the other shaving sites I visited. Plus, they had the 11126 in stock, which many do not.

Great travel brush, especially for the price. Good "face feel" IMHO after a short break in period. Depending on number of passes, lather, etc. you may need to reload during your shave. I usually do a two pass shave while traveling so I always had enough lather.

Great travel brush, especially for the price. Good "face feel" IMHO after a short break in period. Depending on number of passes, lather, etc. you may need to reload during your shave. I usually do a two pass shave while traveling so I always had enough lather.

Thank you. I usually do a two pass shave also, with a little extra touch-up on my neck. Since I just discovered J-hooking on my last shave and it worked well, I'll go for it again today.

Is the brush hard to get out of its case, or to add the case as a handle? I've read about pushing the brush out rather than pulling the knot, and was hoping for some clarification on that.

Brush is very easy to remove from case. I prefer to use the brush by itself instead of using the case as the handle but it works well either way.

Top Bottom