What's new

Older Newbie

Salutations,
Creating this thread just to say hi. I was pretty big (small minded) in wet shaving about 2 years ago. Had a bunch of TOBS, and a few razors but since then I have moved from Japan to Savannah, then to a different location in Savannah. Over that time I lost almost all of my shaving stuff except a jack black razor (that I paid to much money for), a pack of feathers, 1 shave soap, and a brush.

I'm excited to be back into it! Just got a new merkur razor, WMF, and the wife reports a few more goodies for x-mas.

While I'm not brand new, I'm finding myself re-learning the whole process to a great shave. It's just like learning to ride a bike again; except I feel obligated to change the tires, chain, re-paint it, and try new tricks every day.

Slowly but surely I will get it right, and my face will thank me then. Until that day, I'll suck it up, read y'alls advice, watch videos, and "try" to remain consistent.

Cheers

Welcome, @grjusmc!!

For my 1st DE shaving year (which wasn't all that long ago), my wife and kids used Christmas to get some nice gear for me. Awesome that your wife is onboard and helping out.

Welcome aboard! I started this journey late in life and wish I had picked it up a long time ago. Like you, I keep wanting to make changes everyday for that perfect shave. Best advice I have is don’t fall down the rabbit hole, I did, but have no regrets.

Top Bottom