What's new

Old spice

its a P&G model made in usa glass bottle, i guess this is one of the new ones?

That is the P and G glass bottled Old Spice. It should be very similar in formula to Shulton Old Spice; I don't believe the reformulation happened until the product was moved to plastic bottles.

That is the P and G glass bottled Old Spice. It should be very similar in formula to Shulton Old Spice; I don't believe the reformulation happened until the product was moved to plastic bottles.

YMMV re the word "reformulation". I am able to discern slight scent differences between the Shulton juice pre-acquisition by P&G, and the post-acquisition stuff.

That glass bottle seems to be made for the European market. Most commonly found in Germany. I have noticed three different glass bottle designs here in Ireland recently.

The one pictured above with the yacht.

Another one with a red and blue flag with a white yacht in the middle.

And a third with red and grey print which is probably the most commonly found in Ireland and the UK.

Anyone got any explanation for the variety of Old Spice bottles found in Europe?

Thankfully the USA plastic bottles have yet to find their way across the Atlantic, but for how much longer?

That glass bottle seems to be made for the European market. Most commonly found in Germany. I have noticed three different glass bottle designs here in Ireland recently.

The one pictured above with the yacht.

Another one with a red and blue flag with a white yacht in the middle.

And a third with red and grey print which is probably the most commonly found in Ireland and the UK.

Anyone got any explanation for the variety of Old Spice bottles found in Europe?

Thankfully the USA plastic bottles have yet to find their way across the Atlantic, but for how much longer?

My Old Spice glass bottle is made in Germany with red and white on grey printing, the sailing ship logo is quite small. The Netherlands product must be independently distributed as it has the UK company address.

I'm glad I did a search first because this thread is very informative. I have been using old spice recently (new P&G plastic bottle version) and I absolutely love it as an aftershave. I have been using their deodorant for a decade or longer. Recently I have been bidding on the bay for a vintage bottle so I can compare the two. Unfortunately my wife says I smell like Old man but I like it so much I just don't care. She used to hate Tabac and now she loves it so I'm sure old spice will grow on her or perhaps she will like the Schulton version more.

I'm glad I did a search first because this thread is very informative. I have been using old spice recently (new P&G plastic bottle version) and I absolutely love it as an aftershave. I have been using their deodorant for a decade or longer. Recently I have been bidding on the bay for a vintage bottle so I can compare the two. Unfortunately my wife says I smell like Old man but I like it so much I just don't care. She used to hate Tabac and now she loves it so I'm sure old spice will grow on her or perhaps she will like the Schulton version more.

The vintage is much better I have both

$20160304_114546.jpg$20160304_114602.jpg

the white top is the vintage. But its odd as both are from surrey

Last edited:

love the part i underlined, my wife too,but it reminds her of her grandfather, which is a good thing

But my wife says it reminds her of her grandfather...
Tell her she'd probably not even exist if her grandfather hadn't worn it when he met her grandmother... :lol:

The first time I used OS, I felt tempted to empty the bottle into the sink or flush that old man's after shave down the toilet, but then decided to give it a second and third try because after all I had spent money on that stuff. I must admit that it gradually grew on me and now, more than 30 years later, it's long become my most frequently used after shave.

love the part i underlined, my wife too,but it reminds her of her grandfather, which is a good thing

I just had her smell Skin Bracer Original Aftershave and she said "I like the way your cologne smells" so I guess I am striking out when it comes to aftershave. I guess my next hobby will have to be a "Making my own Aftershave Adventure" thread. The soap making was easy so I assume aftershave is somewhat similar? It is a pain because she is very specific in what scents she likes but I personally LOVE Old Spice and I really like Skin Bracer.

Hey, all you brothers out there bidding against me on vintage Old Spice, please give me a break, you all keep bidding the price up to ridiculous levels the last 5 seconds of the auction. How am I, as a new member, expected to compete with seasoned buyers like you? I really want to try the Vintage formula but it is really really popular on the bay. Someone here must be hoarding it! :thumbup:

Hey, all you brothers out there bidding against me on vintage Old Spice, please give me a break, you all keep bidding the price up to ridiculous levels the last 5 seconds of the auction. How am I, as a new member, expected to compete with seasoned buyers like you?

You can't compete. My advice.... get off eBay, and go check out the antique stores. I have purchased a lifetime supply, all at $5 per bottle or less (a few for $1 each). They are out there, and the folks who are selling them on ebay just found them before you did! Go beat them to the next bottle.

In my early days of shaving (late 50s into the 70s) I used Old Spice more than other after shaves. As I migrated to cartridges I got away from using after shaves. Now I'm more of a balm user though I do have several splashes. I have Old Spice Original and Old Spice Fresh Lime from India and P&G's Old Spice Classic. I'll use them all but prefer the original. OS deodorant has been my go to for a long time and now I'm using various OS body washes and shampoos.

What is the general consensus on Vintage Old Spice After Shave Lotion? Would a lotion still be good after 40 years or rancid?

I have been to a few dozen antique stores as I live in Guthrie and am surrounded by them but all DE gear is sold out within a week according o the owners. Apparently Okies love their DE gear. I think [MENTION=32898]OkieStubble[/MENTION] just beat me to every store a few years ago!

Top Bottom