What's new

Old spice

What is the general consensus on Vintage Old Spice After Shave Lotion? Would a lotion still be good after 40 years or rancid?QUOTE]

I have many bottles of the vintage Shulton Old Spice in all scents. Although a few have experienced evaporation loss, the smell is still intact, and not the least bit "rancid".

What is the general consensus on Vintage Old Spice After Shave Lotion? Would a lotion still be good after 40 years or rancid?
I wouldn't have bought so many bottles if the stuff was rancid! I think there's enough posts in this thread of people saying they use it to give you a good answer to that.

I have read a ton about the aftershave but not a lot about the lotion, it seems the lotion is much much cheaper on the bay so I was wondering if that was because it had gone bad. Thanks for the reply!

You are absolutely correct. :001_smile I'm even pretty sure, a couple of those shop owners in your town, have my phone number for when they get stuff in.
Well, thanks for leaving me the beat up post-war tech with gold plate loss for $10 :lol:
That was literally all that was left in Guthrie when I went into every store. To bad I don't collect old glassware, we have metric tons of that stuff, 0% Old Spice left though.

Does anyone ever order from India and split up the order? I was thinking about buying $65 of Indian Old Spice(free shipping) but I don't need 11 bottles and was hoping a group buy might be in order???

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
You should track down some vintage Avon "Spicy". It's the next best thing to Shulton Old Spice. Many can't tell the difference. Lots of good deals on ebay.

I have read a ton about the aftershave but not a lot about the lotion, it seems the lotion is much much cheaper on the bay so I was wondering if that was because it had gone bad. Thanks for the reply!

In vintage, the term aftershave lotion is synonymous with aftershave splash. It does not mean it's a balm or a cream. It's liquid just like you expect aftershave to be.

For example:
proxy.php

I'd love to try Shulton Old Spice but I'm afraid the $40 eBay price is a bit daunting. :O

Keep looking. I have bought 3 different bottles from the 70's within the last year. All around $20. New listings go up everyday from estate sales with a lot having a "make offer". That's how I got mine. Make sure they have a close up of the back label. Some try to market as "vintage" when its really P&G.

Keep looking. I have bought 3 different bottles from the 70's within the last year. All around $20. New listings go up everyday from estate sales with a lot having a "make offer". That's how I got mine. Make sure they have a close up of the back label. Some try to market as "vintage" when its really P&G.

True, I've seen a few for around $20. I've been checking the local antique shops too, I've found many razors dirt cheap. I bought a gillette slim adjustable for $15 and a super speed with its plastic box for $7.

I lucked out and found an OS lighthouse decanter on the bay. Luckily, No one else bid on it and I got 6 full ounces of Shulton awesomeness for 7 bucks shipped to my door. The deals are out there, but I'm not going to tell you how many hours I spent on there scouring for some.
I've only got about 20oz of Shulton but I have abut 100oz of Avon spicy because like OkieStubble said, it's a close as it comes to the original and it's super easy to find.

Top Bottom