What's new

Old Spice

Not too bad for $3 at a yard sale, if I say so myself. The brush looks identical to every Old Spice brush I've seen but it lacks the OS insignia, but was still sealed in the plastic bag so it's never been used, and the soap is also unused. According to the seller they have been stored in a barn for years.
The puck will go into storage until I use up the two I already have and then it'll get cleaned up and put into use.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Congratulations on a great find Tom. I compared the brush in your photo to the two that I have and it looks identical minus the logo. On the plastic part below the parting line close to the bristles mine have the following molded into the part: "Made in Taiwan R.O.C. In bright light the plastic part has a very dark blue hue to it as well.That may or may not help because I am sure that Shulton had their brushes made by a variety of vendors over the years. I have a short or standard handled OS brush with a tan plastic handle that was made in West Germany. One of my brushes has a gold sticker on it that states "Genuine Boar Bristle". I have had several of these over the years and they have been pretty descent performers. I like using long handle brushes from time to time.

The OS soap is as you know just an outstanding performer and was my favorite for many years. Enjoy your great find Tom.

Regards,

Doug

Thanks Doug, you confirmed my belief that it is an OS brush minus the insignia because it has made in Taiwan on the handle just like you described. There must have been some QC problems with Shulton because I have an OS mug that has no graphics at all, it managed to leave the factory completely blank.

I have a Barbershop brand brush with a similar handle that I like a lot.

proxy.php

I have several brushes with various logos that have every appearance of being from the same vendor. The Barbershop brushes I have do look similar but with slightly different wood handles. This is true for the Chicago Professional Shaving Co. brush I have as well. I am currently restoring an identical brush with a "Ford" logo on a white plastic knot section.

Regards,

Doug

I have a couple of friends that work with Tom, guess it is time to have them put a GPS on him. Then I'll track him. We'll have all his haunts.

Tom, you are the man. Today I received in the mail a similar unused mug of OS, along with a couple bottles of vintage OS juice. I had to pay $40 for my score though. Kind of makes me feel like a chump. Well, not really, but when it comes to consistently finding great old products for super reasonable prices, you can't be touched.

Top Bottom