What's new

Old Spice Fresh Lime on Steroids

So, after Indian Old Spice Original slapped my face with all the arms available, it set the face on fire. I turned to Fresh Lime and found it same old welcoming with tolerable burn. Though it is given that both the versions still have more burn than old lot Old Spice but to give the devil its due; both version have solid legs and scent can last for almost 3+ hours and on my hand I can still have a faint smell even in morning, if I shave in night. Old stocks were nothing like it in
scent longevity.

But Lime is somewhat toned down by P&G and Fresh Lime smell just like Original with a dash of Lime added to it as an afterthought. Old Fresh Lime had prominent lime note that lasted a while. I thought of amping up the Lime and see
if it makes any difference.

For my 150 ML bottle of Fresh Lime, I took an insulin syringe and added ½ ML of Lime Essential Oil at a time. I got the sweet spot by 1.5 ML and it was certainly up on the old stock
Fresh Lime but I liked the new strength. Like other lime scents, the longevity was average but I really liked the experience and lime oil for post shave feel if not earth shattering was much better than stock lime in the Old Spice.

Caution: If you feel like reaching out and do it yourself, go ahead but careful what type of Lime Oil you use. I used steam distilled version which smell kind of smoother and more rounded Lime note. The other type is Cold Pressed oil that has slightly more pungent, earthy and fresh type of
scent note to it. But it contains more volatile oils that evaporate quickly and phototoxic in nature; meaning you cannot apply it topically and go out in the sun. Your skin may react to it so it is not advisable. Though I would have liked a more earthy and fresh note myself.
IMG_20180828_202153_edit.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom