What's new

Old Spice clone soap.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Olive oil first ingredient? Certainly not an Old Spice shaving soap clone.

I'd pass.

Soap Commander's Endurance comes very close to the classic Old Spice scent and is well worth a try for fans of the original.

Soap Commander's Endurance comes very close to the classic Old Spice scent and is well worth a try for fans of the original.

I agree, Endurance is a great soap. I don't find it to be an exact match to my vintage Shulton OS after shave, but it is close. I actually prefer the scent of Endurance personally, it's a little more powdery and "clean" smelling to me. The Endurance after shave balm is my favorite post shave product on the market, and Soap Commander is having a sale of 22% off everything on their website today.

Stirling Spice is also another very close match scent wise, closer than the Soap Commander. I just don't care for the matching Stirling post shave balm, it leaves my skin a little oily looking.

The ingredients list looks a lot more like bath soap than shaving soap. If you're looking for a shave soap with a nice Old Spice scent . . .

This soap is as close as I've seen to the "old" Old Spice scent in a shaving soap. Superb soap, too!

There is also the Wickham Soap Company's Spice Trade. Wickham is an English artisanal soapmaker. Excellent performance, and a very close match for the scent, too. If I had to judge, I'd say the Wickham scent is a bit more like contemporary Old Spice while the Soap Commander is more like the older version.

No, I have not tried it. I do not stray from Arko. I am aware that there are many variants with the word "spice" in them, or that allude to Old Spice in some way. SCS carries a "New Spice" last I checked. There is a well-rated Aged Spice that appears on eBay. As long as P&G does not bring back Old Spice soap, they keep the way open for imitators.

I just received a sample of Stirling Spice scent and it is awesome. I've never smelled the original Old Spice but I have heard from others it is very similar. The Stirling Spice aftershave is wonderful as well, put some of that on this morning and I'm still enjoying the fragrance!

I just received a sample of Stirling Spice scent and it is awesome. I've never smelled the original Old Spice but I have heard from others it is very similar. The Stirling Spice aftershave is wonderful as well, put some of that on this morning and I'm still enjoying the fragrance!

My vintage Old Spice AS smells exactly like the Stirling Spice after shave balm I have. I'm sure the splash is the same. Actually, I have a sample pack of Stirling AS splashes waiting for me when I get home and one of them is Spice, I'll let you know.

There is also the Wickham Soap Company's Spice Trade. Wickham is an English artisanal soapmaker. Excellent performance, and a very close match for the scent, too. If I had to judge, I'd say the Wickham scent is a bit more like contemporary Old Spice while the Soap Commander is more like the older version.

I thought Wickham went bye bye.

I agree, Endurance is a great soap. I don't find it to be an exact match to my vintage Shulton OS after shave, but it is close. I actually prefer the scent of Endurance personally, it's a little more powdery and "clean" smelling to me. The Endurance after shave balm is my favorite post shave product on the market, and Soap Commander is having a sale of 22% off everything on their website today.

Stirling Spice is also another very close match scent wise, closer than the Soap Commander. I just don't care for the matching Stirling post shave balm, it leaves my skin a little oily looking.

You beat me to it

I know this is an old thread but thought i would rekindle it.
Wickhams Soaps are very much on the go & absolutely wonderful although their homage to Old Spice no longer exists. Here’s some Old Spice Clones i have.
Also Remember clones are just that, they are not meant to smell like the original, most of the time it’s the manufacturers take on the original therefore is always going to have a twist.

OSP = Old Gold
PAA = Cold Spices
Master Soap Creations = Vintage Spice.
B&M = Spice.
P&B = Night Witch
Signature Soaps = Novus Spice.

All perfectly acceptable in their own right.

Also you have Fresco from PAA but that’s a take on the 80’s Old Spice Fresh

Of the many Stirling soaps, Stirling Spice will be one of the few that I will always try to keep on hand. It's just a nice, clean, fresh scent. The aftershave splash is also very nice and smells just like the soap.

Top Bottom