What's new

Old Man Smell

proxy.php

I am 50 a 1973 model with high mileage and multiple fender benders. I do not like the modern artisan aftershaves, the soaps or fine but that's as far as I go.
I have always used Old Spice, Stetson, and Halston Z14. I like all the Clubman aftershaves and love me some Floid. I just recently went back to using AquaVelva Blue, Musk, and Brut.
My wife (49) and daughters (25,15 & 8) always comment how good I smell with Floid, Clubman Musk and AuqaVelva Blue. So there are a few ladies who still like a man to smell like a man.
When it comes to cologne, in the summer time I use Davidoff Cool Water and Giorgio Beverly Hills, in the winter it's Drakkar and Halston Z14, you can say I am stuck in the 90's.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I am 50 a 1973 model with high mileage and multiple fender benders. I do not like the modern artisan aftershaves, the soaps or fine but that's as far as I go.
I have always used Old Spice, Stetson, and Halston Z14. I like all the Clubman aftershaves and love me some Floid. I just recently went back to using AquaVelva Blue, Musk, and Brut.
My wife (49) and daughters (25,15 & 8) always comment how good I smell with Floid, Clubman Musk and AuqaVelva Blue. So there are a few ladies who still like a man to smell like a man.
When it comes to cologne, in the summer time I use Davidoff Cool Water and Giorgio Beverly Hills, in the winter it's Drakkar and Halston Z14, you can say I am stuck in the 90's.
Yeah, I'm 47 and I prefer the same splashes my father and grandfather used. Skin Bracer, Old Spice, Brut, etc. Give me the classics. :)

Really enjoyed reading @Alum Ladd post #16 and agree completely with his thoughts. I always find it amazing how specific scents can trigger past memories.

As for "old man" scents, I (and my fiancé) are in agreement with those who are of a similar age to us in this thread. We're both 38 and find anything sandalwood predominant to be an "old man" smell. Also B&M Seville, Fine American Blend, and Zaharoff Signature.

Personally, I could use the Seville, American Blend, and Zaharoff occasionally because they do smell nice, but I also can't deny that for those of my generation they conjure memories of our grandfathers. But I don't want to smell like an old man to my fiancé so I don't use those soaps or aftershaves.

No sandalwood though.

My grandfather was an Aqua Velva man. I associate that with old man smell.

But the ultimate old man smell to me is the smell of Tres Flores pomade.

My dad was an Old Spice man.

I’m 55 and I use Skin Bracer. And occasionally Stirling Spice which I consider to be Old Spice-like.

I'm mid-sixties. My dad used to use Chanel No. 5 Pour Monsieur aftershave, but alas it's too expensive for my budget.

I started using Jovan Musk in the 80s and still use it today in my aftershave rotation. I suppose that would be classified as an old man smell.

Of course, Old Spice, Brut, Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, etc. have all been around a long time and used by generations of men - so they would be in that category, I suppose.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'm mid-sixties. My dad used to use Chanel No. 5 Pour Monsieur aftershave, but alas it's too expensive for my budget.

I started using Jovan Musk in the 80s and still use it today in my aftershave rotation. I suppose that would be classified as an old man smell.

Of course, Old Spice, Brut, Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, etc. have all been around a long time and used by generations of men - so they would be in that category, I suppose.

I have some vintage Jovan Musk somewhere in storage. Not too much of a Musk guy, but I have always really liked Coty Musk for Men; and Avon Wild Country gives off that same great vibe to me. :)

Top Bottom