What's new

Old Man Rant

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Not exactly an old man rant but had an experience I think worth reporting.
The pizza place I used to go to started trying to force customers to order online by putting phone customers on hold for 10-15 minutes before taking their order. When I went to pick up my usual $6 dollar pizza last year, the cashier rang up $7 dollars.
As I already had the correct change for a $6 dollar pizza in my pocket I asked about the unannounced price change and was told that was the new price, and had gone up just this week.
I point to the open flag and 2 huge street banners.
So I pointed to the sign above her head and the sign on the door which had the pizza I ordered still priced at $6 dollars. The cashier only asked me if I still wanted the pizza, the price was now $7 dollars.
So I paid the $7 bucks, stood there and took pictures of the receipt on the pizza, and the signs at the store with time and date stamps before I left.
Who can be in business with this attitude?
I emailed the company with my complaint and pictures and never ever got a reply.

No more Pizza Pizza for me. I found a nice place that actually answers the phone, and their pizza, while a little more in price, is much tastier. And the people that work there are always very friendly.

~doug~

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I still give a smile and a friendly hello to the self-checkout machine 😊. Must be force of habit.
I always wave at my image in the camera. And I tell the machine "hello" and "goodbye" and "thank you"..... but mostly because it irritates my wife, and makes the other customers look at me funny. I am an attention hog, as surprising as that may sound to some of you!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I try very very hard not to use the self checkout. Even if I have 1 or 2 items, I use the cashier if there is any way that I can.

Now, if the store wants me to be my own cashier, they could split the difference in cost of items between what a cashier would get paid and what they save by not hiring a cashier, and I'd be incentivized to use the self checkout.

With no benefit to me whatsoever, and them saving money on a cashier employee, I'm not inclined to improve their profit margin at my expense.

We don't eat out very often. Decided get get takeout pizza from a well known place last week. Put the order in online, go pick it up. Get home and the pizza is missing a few toppings. We got a cheese pizza instead of our order. Out $4 extra for the toppings. Won't do that again.

People don't put any effort into the job anymore. Not conscientious or courteous either.

We don't eat out very often. Decided get get takeout pizza from a well known place last week. Put the order in online, go pick it up. Get home and the pizza is missing a few toppings. We got a cheese pizza instead of our order. Out $4 extra for the toppings. Won't do that again.

People don't put any effort into the job anymore. Not conscientious or courteous either.
I've seen a huge increase in this type of thing since recreational marijuana was legalized in my state. I firmly believe that most "entry-level" job holders are just baked when they're supposed to be baking.

FarmerTan

I've seen a huge increase in this type of thing since recreational marijuana was legalized in my state. I firmly believe that most "entry-level" job holders are just baked when they're supposed to be baking.
This is becoming a problem in Michigan with driving. I'm astounded at the problematic drivers: drifting in lanes, speeds up and down......then add in the cell phone idiots and I am beginning to take the back roads more and more. Lol, take my chances with the deer: at least I stand a chance at getting a meal out of the ordeal!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
This is becoming a problem in Michigan with driving. I'm astounded at the problematic drivers: drifting in lanes, speeds up and down......then add in the cell phone idiots and I am beginning to take the back roads more and more. Lol, take my chances with the deer: at least I stand a chance at getting a meal out of the ordeal!
I've seen what a 2500 pound deer can do to an F250 Ford Pickup truck first hand. My Father-in-Law was stopped at a 4 way intersection in Hemet when this 6 pointer ran headlong into the side of his truck and took of running like nothing happened. Bambi? 🦌
The truck needed a new door, front fender, and bumper.

~doug~

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've seen what a 2500 pound deer can do to an F250 Ford Pickup truck first hand. My Father-in-Law was stopped at a 4 way intersection in Hemet when this 6 pointer ran headlong into the side of his truck and took of running like nothing happened. Bambi? 🦌
The truck needed a new door, front fender, and bumper.

~doug~
In defense of the Farmer, all we have up here is scrawny White Tail deer, about 3 foot at the shoulder and 150 pounds.
Hemet, being between two major National Forests is likely to have some pretty decent size Mule Deer which average around 4 foot at the shoulder and 300 pounds.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
In defense of the Farmer, all we have up here is scrawny White Tail deer, about 3 foot at the shoulder and 150 pounds.
Hemet, being between two major National Forests is likely to have some pretty decent size Mule Deer which average around 4 foot at the shoulder and 300 pounds.
Well, maybe it was only 300 pounds. All I know is that we had just come to a stop at the intersection when this deer comes out of the forest headed straight for us at full clip and then WHAM!!! Didn't even stop, just kept right on going. Now that I think of it, he took out the hood too.

~doug~

Well, maybe it was only 300 pounds. All I know is that we had just come to a stop at the intersection when this deer comes out of the forest headed straight for us at full clip and then WHAM!!! Didn't even stop, just kept right on going. Now that I think of it, he took out the hood too.

~doug~

I have had a few close calls with deer. Some notable ones on foot. Bout got run down by a mule deer at dusk in Colorado. Something caused the herd to run. Could feel the breeze as they went by me.

Another time in a park in Virginia some fool intentionally spooked a deer. That deer ran straight at me and veered away at the last second. Could have touched it easily that was close too.

After 50+ years together my wife has heard, and is able to ignore, most of my rants. Today she asked me to call and increase the credit limit on our dental insurance. I knew that would go downhill fast. I hate talking on a phone. I never answer our landline and my cell stays on airplane mode 24 hrs a day. Even our kids and grandkids go through my wife to reach me.

I especially hate dealing with robots, which I got on the insurance company call. When my wife heard me cursing the robot out, she came in, hung up, and got me thru to a representative to get what she wanted.

After 50+ years together my wife has heard, and is able to ignore, most of my rants. Today she asked me to call and increase the credit limit on our dental insurance. I knew that would go downhill fast. I hate talking on a phone. I never answer our landline and my cell stays on airplane mode 24 hrs a day. Even our kids and grandkids go through my wife to reach me.

I especially hate dealing with robots, which I got on the insurance company call. When my wife heard me cursing the robot out, she came in, hung up, and got me thru to a representative to get what she wanted.
If I get robots. I just keep saying i want to talk to a person. It works a lot of the time.

Hate the automated teller systems. The response prompts are only as good as the thought process behind the workflow. Meaning not customer oriented at all.

FarmerTan

We are clones, you and I.

FarmerTan

Here in Florida deer are the size of goats.
Livingston county here in Michigan has some massive bucks. Up where I live they are all corn fed, and getting smaller all the time, as so many guys and gals want the "trophy" antlers. The bucks aren't worth shooting here. Our does are something else. A 3 year old doe can easily give you 50 plus pounds of delicious venison. My friend just moved the blind he built me to the southwest korner of my ten acres. The guy just to my north only hunts for "horns" so I'm sure I could get a few does if I'm not too lazy!

FarmerTan

Me at the self checkout
Machine: "Please take your receipt and your change"
Me: "You can't tell me what to do. You're not my dad"
Machine: "Thank you"
Me: "You're welcome"
College students watching me "I hope that never happens to my dad"
We could also be clones.... Some folks just don't know how to have fun.

Top Bottom