What's new

OK, this is pretty cool. Kramer Blends

Some of the descriptions and reviews sound decent. Father Dempsey sounds like a winner as does New Mix at least for me. Will I ever get around to trying them? Maybe. Who knows. I need to smoke some jars first. The wife noticed the basement got raided. I have until June before we need to can anything...

I saw these, and will definitely be exploring. I imagine the recipes are accurate - they are the originals I believe - although the component tobaccos have changed over the years so they probably won't taste exactly the same.

Too bad the Cary Grant Blend is an aro. I'll probably get a tin anyway, just because.

$cary-grant-4.jpg

I was in Kramer's last month and picked up an ounce of several of these. Haven't gotten to any of them yet. I did pick up the Cary Grant because hey Cary Grant and the aero note in the bag is faint if there at all. They had some high quality pipes for sale there too. It's a real old school place and the owner was very nice. He told me I could call and reorder and they'd ship it to me.

I was in Kramer's last month and picked up an ounce of several of these. Haven't gotten to any of them yet. I did pick up the Cary Grant because hey Cary Grant and the aero note in the bag is faint if there at all. They had some high quality pipes for sale there too. It's a real old school place and the owner was very nice. He told me I could call and reorder and they'd ship it to me.

This is all good news. I have a feeling there might be a road trip in my future. :001_cool:

BTW-- I am not sure why there is no "edit" button available on my first post, but there are far too many "cools" for a single paragraph... ;) I look forward to some reviews from you guys-- interesting to see how many of the old blends are still of interest with the changes in people's taste...

BTW-- I am not sure why there is no "edit" button available on my first post, but there are far too many "cools" for a single paragraph... ;) I look forward to some reviews from you guys-- interesting to see how many of the old blends are still of interest with the changes in people's taste...
Software won't let you edit after 5 minutes. First post or reply.

Did anybody get tins yet? The bag of Father Dempsey I bought at the shop is about as good an English as I've had.

Did anybody get tins yet? The bag of Father Dempsey I bought at the shop is about as good an English as I've had.
Father Dempsey is their big seller I understand. One day this spring I intend to take a ride up to the shop and soak it in, just because.

I did just pick up a tin of the Cary Grant blend, but I haven't cracked it yet.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm somewhat tempted to try the Carey Grant. I don't mind light aromatics, on occasion. @Price, do let us know what you think of it when you get around to trying it. I have the Savinelli "Grant's Favorite" pipe, so it would be so cool if the 'baccy was good to!

I have 1 oz samples of Cary Grant and New Mix, plus a tin of Father Dempsey (they ran outta bulk) en route. Should be interesting to try.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I had to make an order because of a notification of availability for some other tobacco, so I added a tin of Cary Grant and Father Dempsey.

Top Bottom