What's new

Oh My Days! What IS This Personna Injector??

It's no accident that albino's are special and attention getting throughout the world. :001_smile
Albinism runs in my mother's family with my mother, grandmother and one aunt being albino. When I was in my late teens, my parents were fostering a special needs child who DYFS wanted taken to a geneticist at Robert Wood Johnson hospital. When the Chinese geneticist walked into the room, he took one look at my mother and asked if he could bring in some of his students to see her. She agreed and, the next thing you know, he is there chattering away in Chinese to a group of four or five students pointing out various aspects of my mother's hair, eyes, and skin. I can only assume that this was the first time that most of them had seen an albino in person.

Sorry for the digression... :)

Here's the very helpful and interested reply I got from Personna's owners Edgewell when I emailed them asking for information on this incredible razor:
"Marcus,

Thank you for taking the time to email us about our Personna Executive Vintage Razor

Regretfully, our historian retired so we have limited information concerning our Vintage razor products.

However, judging by the image you included, you have managed to get your hands on a "rare" White Executive Personna Injector razor which were exclusively manufactured in Great Britain.

You are absolutely correct, the majority of our Personna Injector Executive razor handles were made of brushed steel so the white handle is truly unusual and certainly were only made with limited distribution in mind. The white version is also the same dimensions as the brushed steel version.

Did you by any chance try shaving with it yet? We'd love to hear about your shaving experience!"

The fact that these White Executives mere made for "limited distribution only" is intriguing.
What kind of limited distribution?

And wouldn't it be amazing to talk to the Personna historian?!

I was moved to shave again with the White Executive tonight.
Beautiful!
IMG_9134.JPG

mjclark
Does this mean that the rest of your stash of razors will be coming up for auction soon Marcus?
Ron
Well Ron...I have a "rolling"collection - I'm constantly buying razors I like the look of, I keep the razors I'm enjoying most and sell on the ones I don't like or have got bored with.

I don't see me selling the White Executive anytime soon although I'd consider swapping it for a complete boxed Schick F set :)

VERY pleased to say that I've found a blade magazine that fits in the box recess to complete the set - and there's still 4 blades left in it!

The curved and angled sides are a very distinctive shape different from the Schick and modern Personna magazines.
IMG_9229.JPG
IMG_9232.JPG
IMG_9230.JPG
IMG_9231.JPG

These Personna blades came with the first Injector I ever owned, a Schick J1.
So I guess they've just been sitting there waiting for the White Executive to arrive.
So now the set is complete!

White Executive on deck tonight:
97C050BC-D1A8-475D-BE00-11AC40FD88CA.jpeg

The NOS Personna Super Stainless blade is extremely sharp and very smooth and the White Executive is such a fantastic aggressive shaver.

This razor is still making me go WOW!

Very cool
I wish I could find stuff like that.
It must make it a little easier being in the UK where they have such wonderful exotic things.

It's still making us all go WOW!

Very cool
I wish I could find stuff like that.
It must make it a little easier being in the UK where they have such wonderful exotic things.
Thanks guys!
I’d love to know how many more of these there are and find advertising and other information.

This is the most beautiful and rare razor I own and it was just sitting there on eBay calling my name.
So keep looking!!
Like the in the rainforest and on the ocean floor there’s plenty of stuff still to be discovered out there, and what’s for you won’t go by you...

I thought so.
When I get ebay to let me browse the UK side I find all kinds of great stuff.
The problem is that ebay doesn't let me do that often enough to find stuff.

It was indeed. I thought about bidding on it myself, but felt that I couldn't justify it to my wife:001_rolle; also I expected the price to go much higher. Very happy it's gone to such a good home!
Yes the White Executive is very much loved and cherished here in Devon :)

When I search on eBay I often select the “Worldwide” location option to see what comes up but you’re right - there are some very desirable British razors!

Top Bottom