What's new

Oh how I loathe the cold water splash

tanker said:
I love the cold water rinse, the colder the better. I also love the sting of the alchohol based after shave. Maybe I'm weird but this brings me to life in the mornings.
If you love the sting then you might want to try Tendskin after you shave...now that my friend is sting :eek:

boboakalfb said:
If you love the sting then you might want to try Tendskin after you shave...now that my friend is sting :eek:

Haven't tried Tendskin, but Pinaud Bay Rum with it's delightful mix of alcohol, cinnimon, clove oil, etc... will CERTAINLY wake you up in the morning... :eek:

TraderJoe said:
FWIW, Further Clarification

From Wikipedia:

Some common astringent agents include alum, oatmeal, talc (talcum powder), witch hazel, very cold water, and rubbing alcohol (also known as surgical spirit).

Well, look at that. Oatmeal - who knew? Still, I think I'll keep my shaving seperate from my breakfast.

Thanks for the even FURTHER clarification, it's always nice to get the minutiae in order, that's what I live for, but I'm not normal.

Much appreciated Trader Joe.

Peace,

Pierre

vox_rox said:
Well, look at that. Oatmeal - who knew? Still, I think I'll keep my shaving seperate from my breakfast.

Thanks for the even FURTHER clarification, it's always nice to get the minutiae in order, that's what I live for, but I'm not normal.

Much appreciated Trader Joe.

Peace,

Pierre

~At your service.:biggrin:

I love the cold water splash as I know that I've got some Baxter of California ASB that I'll be putting on right after that.

rafikz said:
So, someone with dry skin should avoid cold water??

That would make sense, since the skin supposedly doesn't like "extremes", so if your skin is sensitive avoiding cold water may help.

I'll continue using cold water splash, alcohol splash, and then asb....as long as its working well. If my skin begins to tell me otherwise, I'll make a change.

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you must splash your face with cold water after the shave. As you can see above, we all do it, so you must as well.

As I said, I'm sorry, but that's just how it is. And its also the law.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom