What's new

Officially retired from the Government!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
First of all, Gunny, I think Congrats and 'Thank You for you Service' are in order on your retirement from the USMC (Yeah Baby!!!).

proxy.php

I kow the Marine Corps (and all the other Services), is steeped in Tradition, Courage, Bravery, Honor, Duty, Selfless Service and yes...Sacrifice. :thumbup:

Although I'm a 24yr Army Veteran...I'm proud of the Marnies I've served with on Joint Operations...shoulder to shoulder in harms way. :thumbsup:

In very few words, the Corps is the pinnacle of "The Few...The Proud...The Marinies" :thumbup1:

"You will never know the true nature of your nationality, until your Nation calls you for duty. Christopher Jenkins

But a question I now pose...are you going to work as a 'blue suiter' in the federal (GS) geovernment for the Corps?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwY67LYzH7Q[/youtube]
SEMPER FI...OHH RAH!!!

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:
Although I'm a 24yr Army Veteran...I'm proud of the Marnies I've served with on Joint Operations...shoulder to shoulder in harms way. :thumbsup:

But a question I now pose...are you going to work as a 'blue suiter' in the federal (GS) geovernment for the Corps?

Thanks, I am also proud of every single Soldier, Airman & Sailor that I served with. While there was always a little time for some ribbing there was never a doubt about dedication, honor and courage.

I have a great job in the tech industry but I often think about a GS position to be on or around a base just to be close to my Brothers.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
What is a little scary is that paragraph 3 says that as a Retired Marine I may be ordered back to active duty without my consent! I guess you are never really "out" which is the way us Marines like it. :biggrin1:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU[/YOUTUBE]

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Thanks, I am also proud of every single Soldier, Airman & Sailor that I served with. While there was always a little time for some ribbing there was never a doubt about dedication, honor and courage.

I have a great job in the tech industry but I often think about a GS position to be on or around a base just to be close to my Brothers.
Gunny:
There always will be good natured 'ribbing', rivarly and OMG :w00t: ...don't forget the Service jokes (which we will not repeat because now we're civilians and gentelman), either for that matter :lol1:

I decided I was going to 'stay on this side of the fence' and not go into industry because being with my Army in either 'green or blue suit' is all I know.

Plus, I too wanted to be around / close to a miliatry infrastructure (Quantico is just 15mins away and Fort Belvoir is 45mins away [on a good day...with driving on Interstate 95...sheesh]).

My advice to you would be (in the long run), give it some serious thought and if you so decide, use your 'connections / net-works' (which I know you have), and get in to the GS system working for the Corps (at least with your experience...GS 11-13 would be a good salary [plus your retirement pay and any disability]....sweet set-up :thumbup1: ), is not only the best thing since 'sliced bread' but also 'priceless' in terms of job sercurity too (especially in these economic times....you know the old saying..."Industry can come and go, but the Government is here to stay"). :thumbup:

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom