What's new

"Office" fragrances?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have partial bottles of Blenheim Bouquet, Floris Special No 127, AdP Colonia, and Dunhill for Men in my office. I think there is a nearly empty bottle of Boucheron pour Homme here somewhere as well. I seldom have recourse to them, but I like knowing that they are there should I want to freshen up. They're the work frags I use most frequently. Anyone else do this? Or carry an atomizer?

Maybe you should carry a nice selection of travel bottles in a man purse. 🤪

I don’t tend to reapply at the office. I spray in the AM and sometimes in the evening. I also tend to use fragrances at the office that last a long time. Beau de Jour, Terre D’Hermes, Grey Vetiver, etc.

I keep some smaller bottles in my office desk drawer. I do not use them much. I am not sure why. I think pre COVID it was more likely I would be going out at night. I would reapply cologne after taking a shower after working out. But that is really separate.

I consider the application of fragrance more closely related to personal hygiene than grooming. It goes on once in the morning and does whatever it does. The sweet spot is where I catch an occasional whiff of it throughout the day. Too little and I get nothing after the top notes dissipate. If I can smell it all day, I have overdone it and I become "cologne guy, " knowing full well that any "compliments" that I get are people nicely reminding me that today, I messed up.

The office standard for me is Baldessarini, the Swiss Army knife of colognes; all seasons, all reasons. Others include Facconable, Caesars Man, Nautica N-83, Bogart Witness, Roger and Gallet Open and anything Lalique. To keep me warm on a colder day I'll reach for Lomani Body and Soul. Most of the high end stuff I buy is powerhouses unsuitable for office wear, but some I would wear would include Aventus (of course), Royal Oud, Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint and TF Ombre Leather, with the cold day favorite being Marly Layton.

OT but for houses of worship, for anything Catholic it's Nautica Classic since I consider it a sandalwood bomb. Any other denomination, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club - the only choice for weddings.

Top Bottom