What's new

Recommended Fragrances under $40

Which one? Amazon.de offer all three; I’m attempting to discern which one the post was about.
This one.

1696800626799.jpeg

The only other one I know of is the below and I haven’t tried it. They are both cheap though.

1696800746402.jpeg

Received this Lattafa Oud today - 100ml for 26.22

Warm and sweet start with a woody dry down definitely not a funky Oud. Staying power is rather low so the EdP part seams more marketing than anything. Good casual winter scent perhaps a touch to much for the office even though it stays rather close.

1ECD4E57-79A8-4D3F-9C32-1EBD87AACDF2.jpeg

I received my Lattafa Qaa'ed a few days ago and I can only say "WOW"!!!
And btw, it is the gold coloured bottle.
The scent is absolutely beautiful, and a real compliment getter from my female co-workers, and from my wife ;)
I just looked this one up on AZ. There are indeed 2 golden versions available, Ginger and Sandalwood. Which one did you get?

Received this Lattafa Oud today - 100ml for 26.22

Warm and sweet start with a woody dry down definitely not a funky Oud. Staying power is rather low so the EdP part seams more marketing than anything. Good casual winter scent perhaps a touch to much for the office even though it stays rather close.

View attachment 1773841
It is really good stuff IMO.

Another that is very similar and possibly a bit better is Majd Al Sultan Asdaaf. Also very inexpensive. I bought two bottles as it is so good and so cheap. The velvet covered bottle is tacky, but the juice is excellent.

1704212247518.jpeg

I just looked this one up on AZ. There are indeed 2 golden versions available, Ginger and Sandalwood. Which one did you get?
It's only called Qa'eed, nothing more.
Here is a link, lots of info here:

It's only called Qa'eed, nothing more.
Here is a link, lots of info here:
All the review sites talk about Sandalwood so I guess this is the original. Not sure why there is also a similar (name, packaging) Ginger version around.

I’m waiting for a Mancera sampler including Hindu Kush and a couple of summer scents. Should the Hindu Kush don’t work out I will blind buy either the Qa‘eed or the one that @SharpieB recommended.

All the review sites talk about Sandalwood so I guess this is the original. Not sure why there is also a similar (name, packaging) Ginger version around.

I’m waiting for a Mancera sampler including Hindu Kush and a couple of summer scents. Should the Hindu Kush don’t work out I will blind buy either the Qa‘eed or the one that @SharpieB recommended.
This Qaa'ed is a copy, or a dupe, of Issey Miyake Nuit D'issey Polaris.
I believe this is a safe blind buy ;)

Lattafa Qaa'ed was launched in 2018, Nuit d'Issey Polaris was launched in 2020...
You are absolutely right!
And a few well known fragrance Youtubers still call it a copy/dupe of Polaris.
It's like when they say Nikos Sculpture Homme is a dupe of Montale wood and spice, even though Sculpture is ten years older than Wood and Spice.
I will never listen to Youtubers ever again 😁

You are absolutely right!
And a few well known fragrance Youtubers still call it a copy/dupe of Polaris.
It's like when they say Nikos Sculpture Homme is a dupe of Montale wood and spice, even though Sculpture is ten years older than Wood and Spice.
I will never listen to Youtubers ever again 😁
Price wise the Nikos would fit in this thread, so how is it?

Finally took the plunge and picked up a bottle of Drakkar Noir and Nautica Voyage from TJ Maxx. I do like the deep scent from the Noir but is probably not well suited for every day. The Nautica reminds me of cool water and is a good every date scent. Not sure on there longevity though as I just tried them on the wrist after purchase to see if I liked the scent. Monday I will test there lasting strength with full day at work.

I discovered solid colognes, bought a bunch and looking forward to trying them. 2024, probably going to stick to unscented aftershaves and using solid colognes.
I bought a solid solid parfum, Extro Cosmesi 17 Stormo.
Beautiful scent, easy to apply, only downside is the longevity (skin scent after just an hour)

Top Bottom