What's new

# of brushes?

I have the C&E BBB, but would like to get a Rooney and/or a Shavemac at some point. I think one for soaps and one for creams should be enough in my book.

Better not show this picture to your wife.....
You will have to bring her to the hospital because of severe harrumphing...:biggrin:

proxy.php

Top row 3 from teh right looks like a 2-band Vulfix?? What is it in fact?

I've just bought a Plisson Antique Brass Pure (#10) to go with my C&E Pure which will probably end up being given away on here.

I've owned a Simpson Chubby 1 Best and BK4 but prefer the scrubbier Pure bristles.

I have 7 brushes, and additionally, have ordered the B&B LE 2008. And I have my eye on two others. And an interest in three more beyond that. Compared to others on this site, I have no AD issues, at all.

Hrrrrrrumph, indeed.

-- John Gehman

Too many brushes? I Can't imagine how you can have too many brushes. If you don't keep trying different brushes, how do you know that you really have that one brush that suits you best??? :001_rolle

Regards,
Tom

Badgers:

Rooney 1/1 Super
Rooney 1/3 Silvertip
Rooney Emillion
Simpsons Special Best
Simpsons Duke 1 Best
Simpsons Chubby 1 Super (two band)
Simpfix Chubby 1 Best
Shavemac 501 Finest
Shavemac 22579 Silvertip
B&B Silvertip
B&B Finest
Vulfix 1001

Others:

Vulfix Boar
Wilkinson Sword synthetic
The Body Shop synthetic (two different ones)

And a 2008 B&B LE on the way.

I've had plenty of shaving AD's but never really a SBAD. I have only 4 brushes. You all make me feel good...like 4 is a insignificant number...Thanks!

Vulfix 2234
B&B Silvertip
Omega boar
T&H Turnback

In order of preference:

1. A no-name dirt-cheap best (?) badger brush with brushed-aluminum handle, from the clearance aisle at Target for under $10. This is the brush I usually reach for in the morning.

2. The 2006 Badger & Blade Finest Silvertip, by Edwin Jagger.

3. Tweezerman! My first decent brush.

4. Kent V5. Picked up up at an estate sale where I also acquired a Slant and an 1960's Gillette Tech. I wish I could have met the previous owner.

Less than $10 for the whole lot, including brush 5 below. It was the last day of the sale and everything was half-price. I don't find the bargains all that often but when I do I brag about 'em forever.

This is my travel brush because it's the one I'd be least upset about losing. It's a perfectly good brush but smaller than I prefer.

5 and 6, both by Ever-Ready:
From the same estate sale, a *** "Genuine Badger Set In Rubber Sterilized". If it had twice as much hair it might be a decent brush.
And, last and definitely least, a cheapo brush that I bought at a drugstore in Eugene, Oregon when I was a college student, and used off and on for (ahem) 25 years, not knowing there were better brushes available. Cry for me if you like. I have learned...

I'm not counting the Burma-Shave brush from Wal-Mart that I used for cleaning a pair of shoes.

And I have to admit that, for someone who claims not to have Shaving Brush Acquisition Disorder, I have a suspiciously high number of brushes.

Top Bottom