What's new

OCtober 2020

Oooh - Can’t hardly wait!

93AA0179-4D69-4893-AA5F-31E24D9A5D88.png

Been logging shaves since 1/1/19

I ordered a supposed stainless head from China that looks an awful lot like that. It had good reviews....we’ll see it it is actually stainless.

Since it is a new month I wil start out with a first release New LC. After that I am not sure what the rest of the month will be.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Now THAT is a southern saying, from one southern son who knows!
My neighbor was a coon hunter from the DEEP south, my mom from Kentucky. My Dad was a danged Yankee, but I swear he had more Southern sayings than just about anyone I ever met! Lol, all his ole drinkin' buddies were from south of the Mason Dixon line though! They were just the nicest guys you could meet, but get some "brave water" in 'em and fur would fly if they felt they'd been slighted in the least! Wow, believe it was not, good memories, lol.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Question for Fred @Flintstone65. Considering your title I had to ask.

View attachment 1162355

The manufacturer, some vendors, and some gentlemen call the R41 an open comb razor, sometimes. I disagree. To me it's not an OC.

What say you?

Thanks,

Jim
To me? Nope. To the shavers on this thread in the past? Some yes, some no, but it was ultimately welcomed as an OCtober razor. This year, it's a Jokers Wild kind of thread....if you think it's an OC, then feel free to shave with it and share it here. If you don't, then leave yours where I'll be leaving mine....in the bottom drawer of the shave den. I will say that I'm one of the fortunate (or perhaps the term is "seriously sick") shavers who has enough uncontestable (real word?) open comb razors that I could shave every day this month and into next month, and never repeat a razor.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Question for Fred @Flintstone65. Considering your title I had to ask.

View attachment 1162355

The manufacturer, some vendors, and some gentlemen call the R41 an open comb razor, sometimes. I disagree. To me it's not an OC.

What say you?

Thanks,

Jim
To me? Nope. To the shavers on this thread in the past? Some yes, some no, but it was ultimately welcomed as an OCtober razor. This year, it's a Jokers Wild kind of thread....if you think it's an OC, then feel free to shave with it and share it here. If you don't, then leave yours where I'll be leaving mine....in the bottom drawer of the shave den. I will say that I'm one of the fortunate (or perhaps the term is "seriously sick") shavers who has enough uncontestable (real word?) open comb razors that I could shave every day this month and into next month, and never repeat a razor.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well put sir. And to me it is really about the fun and fellowship first and foremost. Shave with a chainsaw and call it an OC for all I care!

I'm opening my OCtober account with my 115 year young Double Ring

Gillette 1905 DR / Wizamet SI
Rubberset 400 / Tux
Reitzers Perfect Shave soap
Prep

I'm amazed that something so old can be so good, I am privileged to use it. KCG smacked the ball right out of the park with this razor
SOTD201001.jpg

Thu 1 OCtober #1 SOTD
Soap Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette Empire Goodwill OC
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Nice nice soap. Pleasant scent, good quality and slick lather from a pleasurable workout with the soft brush.
Sharp, smooth and comfortable shave with razor paired with blade for 3passes. Between bbs to dfs.
Excellent post and aftershave.
Enjoyable shave. Rating 9.5/10
20201001_083955.jpg

20201001_160652.jpg

Top Bottom