What's new

OCtober 2020

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I'm going to give this a go. I've got a Fatip Grande that I haven't used in yonks, and a New Improved that I picked up 5 or 6 years ago but have never used. To be honest if I'm true to form I'll load a blade in the Fatip, ride it for 2 weeks, change it, and the next thing I know it'll be November and the New Improved will still be in a drawer somewhere.

I'm in!!

My additional pledge is to not use the same OC twice until I have rooted out and used each of my unslanted OCs once. We'll see if I can find them all. OC slants are out, due to Slantember over-exposure.

I understand and sympathize with the the idea that the ASR (Gem, etc) combs are 'open'. But if I follow that rule, I have too many OCs for one month. Plus Gem made a Damaskeene that has teeth that are not connected distally, a 'true' OC.

Given that some razors are 'white whales', maybe typical ASR combs are baleen combs, straining out whiskers like so much krill.

Further, my R41 is NOT an OC. For me at least. Not because it has unusual dentition, just because it is a cr*p razor and I hate it.

I'm going to give this a go. I've got a Fatip Grande that I haven't used in yonks, and a New Improved that I picked up 5 or 6 years ago but have never used. To be honest if I'm true to form I'll load a blade in the Fatip, ride it for 2 weeks, change it, and the next thing I know it'll be November and the New Improved will still be in a drawer somewhere.

Ahhhh, use the New Improved first!! You owe it to OCtober, and to your shave brothers who truly suffer from the heartbreak of RAD. If you dislike the New Improved, its OK to swap razors mid-shave.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Ahhhh, use the New Improved first!! You owe it to OCtober, and to your shave brothers who truly suffer from the heartbreak of RAD. If you dislike the New Improved, its OK to swap razors mid-shave.
I've already dug it out of the drawer. Its in great condition.
image.jpeg

Absolutely and a fine gentlemen with exceptional service.
Thanks I sent an email right after I sent that post.
Since this is the OCtober thread I'll only post the NEW he did for me back in 2015 in nickel
(But he's done many razors for me, got an extra of every of my favorites at the time and he replated them)
NEW.JPG
NEW (2).JPG

She had some issues with the base metal and he still made it turn out far beyond my wildest dreams.

Thanks I sent an email right after I sent that post.
Since this is the OCtober thread I'll only post the NEW he did for me back in 2015 in nickel
(But he's done many razors for me, got an extra of every of my favorites at the time and he replated them)
View attachment 1161614View attachment 1161615
She had some issues with the base metal and he still made it turn out far beyond my wildest dreams.
The Tech fat handle I sent with it will actually be used on another razor. I have a repro ball end handle for the NEW LC.

Nice razor 😎 bro.

Top Bottom