Personna Med Prep (2)
Yaqi Purple Haze / Mew Brown brush
365 glycerin soap wash
Haslinger Schafmilch soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
RR American Barber splash

Clean, close shave; DFS+

Notes:
  • George Jetson Special = Fatip OC Mk2 base plate + Merkur 23c cap + WCS 84sf handle
  • Today's shave equipment was randomly chosen, do you want to play a game?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
10-20-20.Wunderbar.CH2B.Vitos.480.JPG

Today's kit ⬆...Yes, I realize it's not an open comb razor. It's a borrowed Wunderbar which I'm experimenting with. Already I wish they made a Wunderbar OC! Thus, maybe the Wunderbar kinda sorta fits within this thread.

1603215880454.png

Yeah, it's a "lady's razor," that I picked up a couple weeks ago--I too thought "travel razor" at first when the antique store worker handed me a plastic bag of razors she had, but the more I looked at it I thought Milady, so I gave her $5 and left. Per Mr. Razor's website, the handles of the earlier Miladys are different (fluted handle) than the 1927 OT Miladys which look more like a ball-end OT handle (with the ball end being polished brass) in miniature. In my bear paws, I found the short handle was easier than a travel tech to use, and forced a naturally light (dare I say "dainty?") touch for a smooth, efficient OT shave.

10-20-20.Gillette.ShortHandles.Three.Milady?.640.JPG

These Are My Three
Not Sure They're Milady Razors

Thought I Had One
How Can One Multiply?​
10-20-20.GilletteShortHanldes.Milady?CapView.640.JPG

I'm not sure I've ever used any of these three razors.

Happy shaves,

Jim

You must be using carbon blades, My Gem SS PTFE I usually get 8-12 shaves per blade?

Well ..... ymmv I suppose. I could only get 2 good shaves from the Ted Pella GEM PTFEs I had before ..... and even those two shaves were a little harsh. I’m real happy with these. They are definitely SS PTFE blades. Tried carbons :yikes: But these give me real nice, smooth shaves the first 3-4 times and then they begin to fade. So basically twice as good. I’m happy. It’s kind of a rare blade that will go up to a week for me. GEMs=no. An occasional DE blade=yes. And injectors always go beyond a week, but I get bored and toss them after 7 days.:sleep12:

Wed 21 OCtober #16
Soap
RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Parker 26C OC
Blade Wilkinson Sword #2
Post & Aftershave
Ice water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Appreciate this soap more and more. Good performance lather with a long-lasting unique scent.
Shave with razor paired with blade was very good. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes with bbs to dfs result and no issues. Good post & aftershave. Enjoyable session. Rating 9.7/10
20201021_094655.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
OCtober 2020 #12
20201020_124341~2.jpg

Primary Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5)
Touch-up Razor: Schick Type E
Blade: Schick (17 touch-up passes)
Brush: Omega Evo
Lather: Razozero Agrumella
Aftershave: Razozero Agrumella

Additional post-shave skin care:
20201010_131540~2.jpg

Shaved with my standard 3-pass + touch-up pass.

Outstanding shave! :)

IMG_0457.JPG

Pre:-
Razor: New Improved Tuckaway
Blade: Nacet 1st use (& first time for me)
Brush: Epsilon Synth
Soap: Tabac puck
Result: DFS+

The Nacet was a suprise. Didn't felt as smooth as my regular Perma Sharps but definitely sharp, maybe even sharper than a Bic Chromium. I'm looking forward to the next shave with it. On another note I butched the lather again - still can't get it dependably done with synths...
First it looks like all water is draining out of the brush but when it touches the soap it releases a ton more. After that I struggle to fill it up with soap and taking the whole mess to my scuttle it stays way more runny than I like. Oh and it splatters everything everywhere if your mind slips for a second :blue:

OCtober 21 - Blackland Tradere OC

Blackland Tradere OC, used the same prep technique and shaving angle as yesterday using a different blade and got a very different experience. Two pass (WTG, XTG) and got DFS+, but lots of tugging and discomfort in the process. Don’t think it is the soap, as MdC is usually one of my best performers. BIC Chrome Platinum does not seem to be the blade for this razor for me.

Prep: Hot Shower
OC: Blackland Tradere OC
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Soap: Martin de Candre - Vetyver
Brush: Simpson Commodore X1 Super
After: Alum and GFT Lime Skinfood
2FAE57E5-6649-4158-A520-B63E87B5D7E3.jpeg

Top Bottom