What's new

OCtober 2015

I gave away my Gillette Old Type thin cap today to my 26 year-old son. I still have eight open combs left, so I should be OK.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Although I won't be "in" for exclusive OC use (variety is the spice of life) I will be using lots of OCs in OCtober. I even have a Schick C-1 open comb injector I'll be trying out for the occasion. I'll also be more heavily rotating my Old Type and various News. And I may even break out my Parker 24c. I haven't used my Maggards OC in a long time, so that'll make an appearance. However, I still don't think I'll get up my nerve to try my shiny GEM OCMM. That'll remain a display piece for the time being.

My German travel razor won't be the one I use for this event. It has an issue with blade alignment, so I'll figure it out later. For this, I'll be using my 1937 Gillette Sheraton. The blade remains to be seen...

Sounds fun, I'm in.
1 Single Ring
2 German 4pcs. OC travel razors
2 Old types, one with a Duplex handle (my favorite)
2 News
1 Gem MMOC

I'll try to scrape up something. :)

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 164
I'll give it a shot. I'm in.

I have an '06 Single Ring
and a pair of old types.

I will be using Rust Boy on my birthday but for the rest of October, I'll go OC.

I'm very excited for this event to start!

On October 4th, I'll be using my 1974 Gillette Super Speed loaded with an Astra Superior Platinum blade and TOBS Sandalwood shave cream as I did last year. It's the second anniversary of starting wet shaving. That's the setup I had then, and I like to make that my yearly ritual. I hope none of you mind. :)

On October 4th, I'll be using my 1974 Gillette Super Speed loaded with an Astra Superior Platinum blade and TOBS Sandalwood shave cream as I did last year. It's the second anniversary of starting wet shaving. That's the setup I had then, and I like to make that my yearly ritual. I hope none of you mind. :)
Will you have cake and party favors for the rest of us??? ;)

I'm certain accommodations will be made.

I got the merkur 1904/1906 I've been looking at for a few years and I finally gave in, it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow! 😀

Top Bottom