What's new

OCMM - Great Shave!

I'm not sure I agree with the no pressure advice that's always given. If one was to truly use no pressure I don't see how the blade would move through the whiskers. It takes some amount of pressure to physically move the razor in a certain direction and overcome the resisitance of the whisker from being cut, and the friction between the razor and the skin.

I applied more pressure tonight than I thought was "safe". But not crazy pressure. Just barely pressure.

Still, I thought for sure I would have some screaming post-alum sting. Yet, I did not. Not at all. :thumbup1:

After a couple of weeks using a 1912 I used my OCMM for the first time this morning - a good, close shave but it left my skin a little tender. I'm pretty sure it was down to me, not zeroing in the correct angle, and not trusting the razor, so using too much pressure. Will have another go tomorrow :001_smile

P

Pjotr

I'm not sure I agree with the no pressure advice that's always given. If one was to truly use no pressure I don't see how the blade would move through the whiskers. It takes some amount of pressure to physically move the razor in a certain direction and overcome the resisitance of the whisker from being cut, and the friction between the razor and the skin.

I agree with that. A two day beard takes a bit pressure to cut. The correct angle is far more important. I also find you can apply more pressure as the blade ages. You can really go to town with a four shave old blade.

Top Bottom