What's new

OCMM - Great Shave!

First shave with my OCMM, great. I'm 5 shaves into my SE venture. The first 4 were with my Junior. They were all great. This first OCMM shave was just like the Junior shaves. The SE razors seem to handle my problem areas with NO problem. So far, no weepers, no cuts and no irritation. The shaves aren't as close as my DE shaves. The SE blades aren't as smooth. They feel like there is a bit of drag, but the blade simply powers through the hair. I have no problem trading a bit of closeness with such an agreeable shave. SE shaving may become more than an experiment. It might just become the go to method for me.

Glad you liked it. They are excellent shavers. Try the OCMM again tomorrow. It will be a better shave than today's.

Glad you liked it. They are excellent shavers. Try the OCMM again tomorrow. It will be a better shave than today's.

I think you have steered me towards SE shaving more than anyone else. Thanks, I think I'll really like it.

Try "hand stopping" the blade before first use it may smooth out some of the "blade drag". Otherwise keep up the good work, the more you use the OCMM the more you will like it and the better the result will become.

DD

I also notice a bit of blade drag with the Walgreens Gem. I hesitate to fight through it as I am trying to avoid killing myself. :laugh:

I just make sure my lather is working, and that I do not make any pass without lather being in place.

I sometimes think I am going to slow with the razor, and perhaps that it causing the dragging.

Regardless, SE shaving is here to stay. :thumbup1::thumbup1:

The shaves aren't as close as my DE shaves.

I am surprised about that. Are you sure you have your angle right? The OCMM has a different angle than most SE's. I get very close shaves with mine. But prefer 1912, 1914, Clog Pruf and Push Button.

Last edited:
First shave with my OCMM, great. I'm 5 shaves into my SE venture. The first 4 were with my Junior. They were all great. This first OCMM shave was just like the Junior shaves. The SE razors seem to handle my problem areas with NO problem. So far, no weepers, no cuts and no irritation. The shaves aren't as close as my DE shaves. The SE blades aren't as smooth. They feel like there is a bit of drag, but the blade simply powers through the hair. I have no problem trading a bit of closeness with such an agreeable shave. SE shaving may become more than an experiment. It might just become the go to method for me.

I started with MM Clog pruf and just tried the open comb this morning!
The clog pruf seemed smoother to me and a bit 'gentler', but then again I need to try the open comb some more.
Both of them got me very smooth with less effort than any DE I've tried, Including my (previous) favorite combo; Old Type with feather.

For me SE is here to stay. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the DE's I have....

John

I have an MMOC on the way and can't wait.

I've had one SE shave so far -- 1912 with GEM SS blade -- and I found it exceptionally smooth and comfortable. It was certainly as close as any DE shave I've ever had.

I am surprised about that. Are you sure you have your angle right? The OCMM has a different angle than most SE's. I get very close shaves with mine. But prefer 1912, 1914, Clog Pruf and Push Button.

Could it be the blade? I used a CVS blade. Then again, it might be lack of enough pressure.

I love my OCMM, on my 5 th shave with a GEM ss from walgreens, nothing but super smooth for me! Going for 6 in the am! :thumbup1:

After 2 weeks with the 1912 Damaskeene, tonight was second shave with the MM Clog Pruf. (Walgreens Gem blade.)

Watched Mr. Guy's shaving with the MMOC video for the umpteenth time.

But tonight, I learned. I adjusted my angle for more blade exposure. I had been laying both of the razors' head flat on my cheek, for fear I might decapitate myself. Also, I "lengthened" my strokes (oh boy :blushing:) and shaved my face in the exact "order" Mr. Guy did.

Gentlemen, I give you my finest shave yet in five years of "real" shaving.

Could it be the blade? I used a CVS blade. Then again, it might be lack of enough pressure.

I'm not sure I agree with the no pressure advice that's always given. If one was to truly use no pressure I don't see how the blade would move through the whiskers. It takes some amount of pressure to physically move the razor in a certain direction and overcome the resisitance of the whisker from being cut, and the friction between the razor and the skin.

Top Bottom