What's new

Now I cut myself with my super sharp straight razor

So i've written a few threads in this forum now, I was having trouble sharpening my striahgt razor and it felt like my shavette gave me a better shave, that is still the case the shavette is still giving me a better shave because now my straight razor is way too sharp, I cut myself with just putting it on my skin even if its flat with the spine touching my cheek. any help for this? how to make it smooth like people say in this forum.

This really should be moved to the straight razor section where you will get some help, but I probably should say something. What you need to do is have the razor moving, never stopped on skin. That’s easier to say than to do, but it’s no exaggeration that you need to aim to only remove lather to start with. It is different than a shavette and it is more forgiving, but you really have to have your technique figured out and for that, you need one of the straight razor tutorials.

If you just set it to your face, don't press or anything and it immediately creates a cut, I wonder if the edge has become toothy.. not sure about your honing, sounds though like you also aren't sure, so it could be the case that you should really send it to someone so you know you have a good edge.

Always moving is true, however there's some muscle memory there and with no pressure, I can usually manage to set an edge to my skin without causing a cut but I also wouldn't leave it there for more than a moment

It's all part of the SR learning Curve. We've all been there. -Just keep the razor as flat as possible when approaching the skin before setting the angle and when handling the razor......And keep telling yourself 'watch the angle, watch the angle,...'

Top Bottom