What's new

NOVEMBER 2018 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in from Lee.
DSCN2327.JPG

Just ordered, from WCS Black Friday sale, a WCS 78s. I know nothing of this razor other than the price was dirt cheap. Lol.

Anyone have any experience with the WCS 78s? Is it Agressive? What is the Blade gap? Anything?

Nonetheless, I'm very excited to see this mystery razor. Lol.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

proxy.php

Last edited:
Just ordered, from WCS Black Friday sale, a WCS 78s. I know nothing of this razor other than the price was dirt cheap. Lol.

Anyone have any experience with the WCS 78s? Is it Agressive? What is the Blade gap? Anything?

Nonetheless, I'm very excited to see this mystery razor. Lol.

Thanks!

proxy.php
The only thing I know is it's a zinc-alloy (zamac) head like a Merkur or Edwin Jagger and is often compared to those. If it is similar to a Jagger 89, that would put it on the mild side. The nice thing is you get a stainless handle with that head for a total price around $20. All of the reviews are positive.

The only thing I know is it's a zinc-alloy (zamac) head like a Merkur or Edwin Jagger and is often compared to those. If it is similar to a Jagger 89, that would put it on the mild side. The nice thing is you get a stainless handle with that head for a total price around $20. All of the reviews are positive.
Well, I guess if the head is a bust the handle will still be worth the money. It was 7$ plus tax.

I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I walked past this bad boy. Nope. 35 bones and it looks perfect! I am a SR guy but I could not pass this up. Got it cleaned up and disinfected today so I will be giving it a test run tomorrow. Tightened up with a razor no problem and everthing closes and clicks as it should. Pretty excited! (D3 date code)

Attachments

• IMG_9732.jpeg
    IMG_9732.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
Well, I guess if the head is a bust the handle will still be worth the money. It was 7$ plus tax.

That's how I see it. If the shave isn't to your liking you still have a nice stainless handle. $20 for one of those is a good value, and $7 is like stealing. Like I said before, the reviews are all positive, so give it a shot and judge it on its performance. Just because it is zamac doesn't mean it isn't a good razor. Lots of people like their Merkurs, Jaggers, and Muhles. If we were talking about a bicycle frame, or brake rotors, then it wouldn't be up to the task, but if it is plated well zamac is fine for a razor. I personally prefer stainless, and am willing to pay for it, but zamac has its place.

Last edited:
I receive a small package yesterday from the Holy Black with some Black Friday purchases. I picked up the Tangerine Creeper soap and aftershave. I used it this morning and it was just outstanding. Great stuff.
Steve

IMG_1800.jpg
IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom