What's new

November 2018 Photo Challenge: Photographer's Choice

What's a photograph you've wanted to make for a while but haven't for some reason? Make it this month and enter it into the challenge. I try to keep a list of ideas but sometimes I just never get around to doing them so this is the month to cross one off the list. I'm posting a little early so everyone has has some extra time to brainstorm ideas. My desire is that all entries are new photos shot specifically for this challenge. Hopefully at the end of the challenge we will have some varied and amazing photographs to choose from. Good luck everyone... and HAVE FUN!!!

Monthly Photo Challenge Rules
◦ Winner of the previous month's challenge picks new theme and starts thread.
◦ You must be the photographer.
◦ One entry per month.
◦ Try and make the image a recent one.
◦ Competition runs until the 19th of the Month.
◦ Voting runs from the 20th - 26th.
◦ Voting is open to all forum members so please vote, the more voters the merrier.
◦ When voting, please clearly indicate - Voting for Post #...
◦ The person with the most votes is the winner.

I will start off if that's cool. I just received a Nikon d5600 for my birthday (October 31), and this is one of my favorite shots. P.S. I had trouble deciding :blink:
DSC_0056.JPG

I did not shoot this this month, but is one of my favorite shots. how often does a comet pass withing a viewer filed of the Pleiades?
If the OP allows, this is my entry. if not I can have a shot from this coming Saturday.
Comet.jpg

Nice shots guys!
I was hoping to get some nice fall leaf pics, but the storms a few days ago pretty much knocked them all down. I have fa few other ideas, still hoping to get something in this month.

@MarkM10431: Nice shot!
My desire for this month's challenge was for all entries to be new shots done specifically for this challenge so that new work would be created rather than pulling a favorite out of our catalog of images. However, it is ultimately up to the judges to decide with their vote which entry best fulfills the spirit of the challenge so this can be your entry or you can submit another one.

Hi all, @whitebar , wasn't just pulling one out of the catalog, I have only just received my camera, so the shot was taken this month. Just not specifically for this thread, as I didn't know it existed previously. Sorry if I have done the wrong thing. :scared:
Happy snaps everyone. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

Hi all, @whitebar , wasn't just pulling one out of the catalog, I have only just received my camera, so the shot was taken this month. Just not specifically for this thread, as I didn't know it existed previously. Sorry if I have done the wrong thing. :scared:
Happy snaps everyone. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

Your shot is fine. The “catalog” comment was to another poster who stated his shot was not from this month. This was a topic of conversation a few months back as to whether this thread should showcase current work or be an archive search. As yours is current work, as well as a nice shot, it fits right in.

To followup on Shutterbug57's comment, he is correct that we have had discussions about whether archive work or current work should be entered in the monthly challenges. There are no absolute rules on this but many of us agree that new work shot specifically for a challenge is preferred and encouraged but not absolutely required.

This month I tried to create a challenge that would allow each photographer to have the ultimate freedom to create new work in whatever area of photography interested them rather than restricting things to a specific area. This opened the door for landscape shots, city shots, wildlife, portraits, product shots, industrial shots, astro photography, architecture, and many other genres too numerous to mention. I wanted to allow each person to have the flexibility and freedom to produce whatever interested them the most and would not restrict anyone based on their equipment, location, or current ability as a photographer. I just wanted everyone to go out and have fun shooting whatever seemed interesting to them at this moment in their photographic journey. So in this instance I added the comment about producing work specifically for this challenge because it did not seem to fit with my intensions to turn it into an archive challenge. I hope these comments help explain my concept for the challenge this month. I probably should have explained this in more detail in my original post.

Very nice pics !

Would it be a good idea to post the gear and settings as is done on many photography hobby sites ? That would make this thread even more complete .

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

For those interested my camera and settings for my pic. Camera Panasonic GX85, Lens Panasonic 14-140. Shot a 130mm 1/25 sec, f5.6, ISO 250, hand held.

Top Bottom