What's new

NOS Gem Push Button!!

Scored this NOS Gem Push Button off of Ebay for the great price of $25.19 shipped!! Thought the board might enjoy seeing photos of it.

$IMG_0084.jpg

$IMG_0085.jpg

Last edited:
That's outstanding, John. Are you gonna use it or keep it sealed?

I plan on using it; it will be taken for it's maiden voyage this morning.

I fully understand the rarity of NOS items, but for me, it means a rare opportunity to know I am the very first owner of a product that has never been used before. There is something super cool about being the first user of a product as old as my dad!! lol.

P.S. The pen actually writes too; not perfectly, but one would expect the ink in a 60 year old pen to be long dried up!!

For it's maiden voyage, I use the following:

-Gem Push Button Razor
-Original included blade
-Omega 80265 Boar Brush
-Col Conk Amber
-Generic Witch Hazel
-Old Spice AS
-Old Spice Cologne

The included blade pulled a little bit, and thus I got a few more weepers than normal, but overall still a fun shave!!

Sounds good. I use my Feather blades in mine. It's the only SE i have that uses them straight out of the pack, as opposed to fiddling around with spines and stuff!

I plan on using it; it will be taken for it's maiden voyage this morning.

I fully understand the rarity of NOS items, but for me, it means a rare opportunity to know I am the very first owner of a product that has never been used before. There is something super cool about being the first user of a product as old as my dad!! lol.

P.S. The pen actually writes too; not perfectly, but one would expect the ink in a 60 year old pen to be long dried up!!

Then that means I'm older than your dad. Damn.:ohmy:

I'd use it too.

Sounds good. I use my Feather blades in mine. It's the only SE i have that uses them straight out of the pack, as opposed to fiddling around with spines and stuff!

You mean you can use the Feather blades without adding a spine to it? Doesn't it move around in the razor?

Cool. I love when they package products that don't seem to fit together in one package.
Looking for a pen? Have a free razor!

I love it!

Very cool & thank you for the story. How'd it shave? Perhaps a redundant question as a single edge shaves pretty well...

Ah, so it was you who outbid me, I thought it would be a B&B member. Great score. I would have bid higher, but I had to try my mdC that just came in the mail :lol:

I had that one in my watch list, but I'm trying ti limit myself to one razor per month and scored a Countour in it's original packaging (blister pack like this one). Older than your Dad, what are you, like 8?

Doesn't the lack of spine mess up the angle?

Not that I've noticed, but it's not that difficult to transplant a spine from a donor blade. Plus, I don't use the Feathers that often in anything other than a Valet anyway because they're so expensive, regular SE blades work just fine.

You mean you can use the Feather blades without adding a spine to it? Doesn't it move around in the razor?

Yeah, as Tom said, you can use the spineless Feather ok in some models.
The FeatherWeight, Push Button, and Contour all work with the spineless blades as far as I know, although I only have a Pushbutton of those three so am just going on what I've read on here.

They are expensive, I was just keen to try some so ordered some direct from Feather a while back.

Nice find, i cant believe you are going to use it :eek:/

Thats collectors graade, you should get youself a user grade and leave that one un touched, The Razor Gods will not be happy :eek:/

Last edited:
Top Bottom