What's new

North Texas B&B: General Location and Time of 8-17-13 Meeting?

It's time to set the general location and time for our upcoming meeting.

There have been 46 indications of interest in the 8-17 gathering, and locations of those interested are distributed on this map: Google map of 8-17-13 interest. 7 responses listing DFW as their location are parked on Lake Bridgeport.

Looking at the map, I propose meeting somewhere near DFW airport--say Grapevine or Coppell to the north, or Euless or west Irving to the south.

From reading past emails, it looks like the NT B&B group has met in off peak periods at larger casual restaurants, thus avoiding reservations and private meeting rooms. Our last meeting ran 2.5 hours; I don't know about others. If we continue this practice, I propose meeting Saturday for an early breakfast (7am?) or for a late lunch (1:30 or 2pm?).

In this thread please post your thoughts about the general location and time of day. If we could communicate a general place and time to the whole group by next weekend that would be great.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Cool Hard 8 in Stephenville was great. I would like late lunch cause I am out late every Friday night with my HS Cheerleader.

Last edited:
I'm sorta wore out on BBQ (and, because of having to drive, beer isn't an option:sad: ), so I'm going to "pass" on this one. I will, however, miss the camaraderie!

Hi,

Hmmm. I am in NTX in Irving at this point, even though home in back in NC. This is a casual meet-up, I take it?

Stan

Hi,

Nope. Sorry. Blue Jeans. Boots. Stetson Open Road. Ray Bans. I can spiff it up a notch and wear a golf shirt instead of a T-shirt.....:001_cool:

Stan

I'm in lewisville but am pretty open to drive anywhere. I'm new here so I don't really have a good suggestion on where to go. I'm just excited to be going

The consensus seems to be Coppell at Hard Eight BBQ.

Let's follow Tom's suggestion and slide the time back to 1 PM to give Colburn time to come in from Abilene and the restaurant to clear out some.

I will be coming from far sw Fort Worth and would be happy to car pool with anyone.

Top Bottom