What's new

NOOB Questions: Price guide/ IDing large lot of DEs

Now that my eyes have unclouded, and I hope what I am seeing is just an optical illusion, but it looks like the open comb Aristocrat is a bit tweeked in pictures 10 and 11 :sad: please say it is an optical illusion.

Other that a little soap near the hinges those 2 are in like new condition. The cases I'd give a B+. The FB might have lost the numbers, but it might just be soap down in there. Need to clean them. Gently.

If you want a proper ID for every razor, it might be a good idea to take them all, line them up, and number them. That way, the members here can easily say that razor #3 is so and so. It may be a bit of work on your part, and on the peoples here, but if you don't mind, I doubt that we will either!

It may also be a way to sell a few, as there seems to be quite a few peoples interested in buying a razor. If you were planning on selling them of course. And I'm not so sure how what the general rules are for selling such razors, a mod can chime in and give a much better answer.

EDIT: I didn't look at OPs post count. Nevermind, you can not sell anything until you have 50 posts and have been here 45 days. When I was talking about selling such razors, I just wasn't sure if it would be acceptable to have people respond to this thread saying I want X razor etc, but it is irrelevant, as you cannot sell here anyway. Just wait and continue to post some quality posts, and you will be able to sell in no time!

Last edited:
There are membership length and post count requirements for selling.
There is a forum for selling, but even if a person qualifies, there is a limit to how much you can sell per month.

Since I my initial post, I've learned to identify most razors, or where to find the info. Though the price ranges are greatly appreciated. Was aware of the 45 days/50 post thing. But ultimately I'm going to put some stuff up on ebay before that as, i'm also the one who won the gold toggle auction lot a week ago, and cant have too many razors piled up. Would rather sell on here but...45 days is still a few weeks away.

Amazing collection of razors. Your grandfather had real taste. He was a rare bird for collecting razors before it was 'fashionable'! That 30's Aristocrat (the gold case) is the arguably the most desirable. I am feeling a bit envious!

You must be getting bombarded with offers via PM right now *grin*. Don't jump on the first offer you see.

Bit if I were you, I would gather them all together and put them in a nice display case and one by one, start shaving with them (except the slants...those would freak me out!)

Great collection. Just amazing

-Todd

Top Bottom