What's new

Non Gillette replacement for Silver Blues?

I saw something the other day that Gillette is actually losing money and has been for at least a year. The article said that dollar shave club, Harry's, and alternate shaving methods like DR have seriously eroded their sales and profits.

Yep. Gillette's CEO said it's because millennials are wearing beards.

Or because it's overpriced to pay for condescending ads....

I'm happy with Derby Extra, Bic Chrome Platinum, Treet Black Beauty, Lord's, Sharks, Voshkhod, and of course my beloved injector razors.

I saw something the other day that Gillette is actually losing money and has been for at least a year. The article said that dollar shave club, Harry's, and alternate shaving methods like DR have seriously eroded their sales and profits.
Yes. They posted an $8 BB write down last quarter. But more telling in my mind were two more experiences. Went shopping at Costco and right at the front door where they stack all the “buy me now “ stuff was everything Gillette which tells me the stuff isn’t moving like Costco would like. Next day I got the Costco flyer and there’s an offer of “buy $100 of Gillette products and get a $25 gift card. Stuff’s. Definitely not moving.
I know from friends experience when Costco sours on a product the divorce is quick and ugly. I’m thinking they’re ready to dump Gillette

I recently bought a box of Personna Med Preps and, four shaves in, I’m really liking this blade. My usual go-to’s are GSB, 7OC Yellow, and Polsilver SI, so I would consider the Med Preps as a GSB alternative.

Top Bottom