What's new

No Rocnel Elite Reviews?

Has anyone posted a review of the Rocnel Elite?

I was wondering how it compares to other razors in terms of blade feel, etc.

Thanks.

So I Got hold of a 2020 Rocnel elite medium. Having already got 3 Rocnel sailors I was itching to get hold of one of these. its made from 316L stainless steel and is serial numbered like the sailor. The baseplate has "professional users" etched underneath. it has the Rocnel logo etched on the topcap the same as the sailor. It comes in a similar box to the 2018 sailor. The 2020 and 2021 sailors came in a wooden box. There are 2 versions of the elite that I'm aware of. the medium and the aggressive.

Now got 2 shaves under my belt.

The Elite is a superb razor. The first shave was with a feather, 2nd with a GSB. The finish of the razor lends itself to being smooth. There is no perceivable drag.

The Rocnel elite for me has no blade feel at all. The only other razor I have like that is the Raw RS-10. The GSB left no irritation at all. The feather did I feel because I ended up buffing too much due to the lack of blade feel. The blade is definitely clamped down very well.

The handle is heavy at first as I'm used to lighter razors now in the titanium category. But even so I feel this is definitely a keeper in the den. Similar in weight to the Smarthelix apollo, Haircut and shave N075, Executive shaving/Alpha outlaw.

I would definitely recommend one of these.

Rocnel Elite 1.jpg

Rocnel Elite 2.jpg

I had one, the 2018 Medium version. It was my daily driver for more than 2 years. I sold it on the BST earlier this year.

It’s a very well built razor (like a tank!) with no blade feel. It’s quite heavy, and the base plate is very thick.

Blade clamping is ok (not like a DE89 but also not nearly as tight as the AS-D2, Fatip, Henson or most vintage Gillettes). Still I don’t think blade chatter is a concern.

It requires a steeper angle than the average razor and for me it was a good but not great shaver, always leaving some rough patches behind (keep in mind I just do one pass and a couple of touch ups).

In my opinion it’s just another pricey CNC machined stainless steel razor that looks and feels great, but doesn’t shave as good as more humble razors. They are made only in small batches and sell out quickly because of the now commonplace razor maker strategy of limiting supply. That’s why you don’t see many reviews in the forums

As I said, I sold mine and have no regrets, but would recommend it to someone looking for a hefty and very well built SS razor.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSW
Top Bottom