What's new

Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream

This cream is widely distributed in the Middle East and Europe.

it has natural chamomile extract for relaxing effect,just as good as Nivea Mild/extra moisture cream.
Pleasant scent, smells like chamomile flower and extra gentle on the skin.lube and glide are good,lather is great,long lasting too.
this is real treat for those have sensitive skin.

Attachments

• $NFM_SHAVING_CREAM-transparent_PNG.jpg
    $NFM_SHAVING_CREAM-transparent_PNG.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 280
That's very interesting to hear. In Canada the Nivea product replaced Florena, and it was not simply rebranding, but a completely different product. While I don't mind the Nivea, I really like the Florena, and I would have described it much the same way that you're describing the Nivea Sensitive that you have in the Middle East. I may have to keep an eye out for that, as I found it to be a terrific cream, particularly considering the price point. I believe it was usually available for $4 on most grocers' shelves.

Raw coco or raw shea butter is the least irritating IMO. It takes longer to apply and be careful you dont rub it in and irritate the skin putting it on. $10 US per lb for shea or coco. Most as balms have coco butter in them anyway. A light coating is good. Not too heavy.

I have heard Nivea and Florena are from the same manufacturer Beiersdorf.Nivea Sensitive and Florena creams are very similar in scent.
Also Nivea Sensitive have the same price as Nivea Mild.

So slick product.Fool proof lather, it handles tons of water.
I don't understand why many people say that it clogs the razor.

VFM for me.

This is what I'm currently using, and it works great for me. Unfortunately, I only have one and half tubes left, and I think that you can no longer get it in the US, except for maybe online.

im in Canada and we have a white tube of it and its pretty good quality and smell. Walmart sells it for under $4 canadian

I have heard Nivea and Florena are from the same manufacturer Beiersdorf.Nivea Sensitive and Florena creams are very similar in scent.
Also Nivea Sensitive have the same price as Nivea Mild.

I used Florena for a few years and I don't find it smells anything at all like Nivea Sensitive. I live in Canada also and I see both Nivea variants in every pharmacy here.

I have never tried Florena before, honestly. Because Florena isn't marketed or sold in my region.

The Nivea that is in stores in Canada now smells nothing like the Florena that was previously available. I don't have anything against the Nivea version, but I was very disappointed when they transitioned to it from the Florena version. Of course, I've found a few dozen other favourite soaps since then, so I'm over being dumped by Beiersdorf.

The Nivea that is in stores in Canada now smells nothing like the Florena that was previously available. I don't have anything against the Nivea version, but I was very disappointed when they transitioned to it from the Florena version. Of course, I've found a few dozen other favourite soaps since then, so I'm over being dumped by Beiersdorf.

If my recollection is correct, Florena, which was founded in 1920, was an East German brand that was acquired by the West German Beiersdorf group after German re-unification.

They continued the brand as a low cost alternative to Nivea and the shaving cream worked reasonably well, but the smell reminded me of wet cardboard and I prefer the various Nivea shaving creams by a wide margin.

B.

Nivea Mild (blue) is fantastic. Scent is a litlle bit discutabile (for me), but performance is great. With sensitive (white) I didn't shave for year, but scent is better in my opinion. In Serbia they are available in every store for around 1,1 - 1,3€.

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L21 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
If my recollection is correct, Florena, which was founded in 1920, was an East German brand that was acquired by the West German Beiersdorf group after German re-unification.

That's quite correct. Florena is, so to speak, Nivea's cheap and cheerful little sister. ;)

They continued the brand as a low cost alternative to Nivea and the shaving cream worked reasonably well, but the smell reminded me of wet cardboard and I prefer the various Nivea shaving creams by a wide margin.

Personally, I prefer Florena over Nivea, or better: I think that the Florena cream is the lesser evil. My face doesn't like Nivea too much, it always creates a slightly burning, slightly itchy feeling on my skin whereas Florena only leaves my skin a little drier than usual. Both Nivea and Florena smell quite uninspiring in their own respective way: Nivea shaving cream smells like all other Nivea products, of a mild, but boring and cheap economy-of-scale fragrance whereas Florena smells like a downmarket barber shop of the 1950s. Fortunately with both creams, the smell is neither very intense nor long lasting.

Both creams contain silicone oil (dimethicone) and leave an oily scum both on the razor and in the sink. :(

I remember when this hit the US. Shelves about 6-7 years ago. I bought it every time I saw it locally. I think I am sitting on about 20+ tubes. Good stuff!

The smell is nothing special, very light, but it lathers up wonderfully. A daily driver for me, along with Maca Root and Godrej, but not as nice as EU Palmolive, IMO. But good stuff.

Top Bottom