What's new

Next Step Up: Blackbird or Timeless?

I have and use both razors. The Timeless is the Ti model and I purchased both plates. The .68 was just too mild for my tastes. But overall, I like the Timeless better. It's produces a more enjoyable shave. The angle on the BB is a tad steep for my trouble neck areas. Not that I can't get a great shave with it, it just produces a bit more irritation. But the BB is superior for sculpting side burns or around mustache/beard if I grow one in. It is so refined on the edges and easy to see where you're cutting your lines. Precisely. Love it for that.

Timeless .95 oc was great, zero nicks or weepers. Just wasn’t efficient. Switched to bb ti oc and nvr looked back and nvr looked for a replacement. It is a nimble shaver but you have to be a lil more careful. Return policies make it a no brainer to try BB. The simplest way to determine what path you are going to follow is read reviews others who like same equipment have posted. Habanaron went through same lineup as me so was a no brainer to ask what he preferred. My coach hit nail right on the head, although think he preferred sb where I always was an oc shaver.

Timeless .95 oc was great, zero nicks or weepers. Just wasn’t efficient. Switched to bb ti oc and nvr looked back and nvr looked for a replacement. It is a nimble shaver but you have to be a lil more careful. Return policies make it a no brainer to try BB. The simplest way to determine what path you are going to follow is read reviews others who like same equipment have posted. Habanaron went through same lineup as me so was a no brainer to ask what he preferred. My coach hit nail right on the head, although think he preferred sb where I always was an oc shaver.
Glad it worked out! I did retain my Timeless .95 OC though. I use it now as my travel razor.

I

Island

They are both great but very different. I find the timeless easier to use and very smooth but it does not shave as close as the blackbird. The timeless is more similar to other good razors. The blackbird requires some care if one is using a sharp blade like a feather.

Top Bottom