What's new

Newbies, show off your gear!

You a newbie??? Great tools, Sir!

Yep . 2 months.

Vez is spot-on mates! If I could go back to when I started I may have invested in different gear than now; some of the items I bought were stepping stones to the kit I currently have. Having said that, most of my original kit still gets used in rotation, specifically my first adjustable (slim) and Proraso which though cheap is NEVER going to be missing from my den. For the record I'm in my 40s, DINK but as a student or newlywed was skint most of the time. Just post your dens boys, we love to see pics!

p.s. LOVE that CH 3...!

Thanks Paul.

proxy.php

:thumbup:

Here is a picture of what I am getting from italian barber in the mail hopefully tomorrow..my first wet/de shave kit.
View attachment 290605

Oh that's a fantastic little kit there. You'll be happy with that. If you find boar hair to be too stiff (at least at first, before the ends start to split and it softens up) try soaking the bristles for a little bit in hot water before you shave.

Thank you Dynagroove and Boro62,
The Straight Razor fever hit me hard, I had UPS and Fed-ex at my door everyday...lol. You don't see it but under cabinet I have elect water kettle and it is used on the towels..wonderful hot.
To answer your question Dynagroove, I purchased the extension mirror from Amazon, it's very well made from Ikea and at $ 15.00 shipping included.. With my eyes not as good, this is great, easy install, maybe 10 mins at the most.

Here we go. Well, the hardware at least. The software (soap and aftershave) I didn't get a pic of yet.

HIM synthetic, Merkur Futur satin finish, '59 Fatboy, Doug Smith custom handmade scuttle.

Attachments

• $photo 1-1.jpg
    $photo 1-1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,808
  • $photo 2-1.jpg
    $photo 2-1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,812
  • $photo 3.jpg
    $photo 3.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,809
Oh that's a fantastic little kit there. You'll be happy with that. If you find boar hair to be too stiff (at least at first, before the ends start to split and it softens up) try soaking the bristles for a little bit in hot water before you shave.

Thanks! I will do that.

Okay, I've been at this for only a month, but allllll kinds of disorders have reared their ugly heads. This is the stuff I have left after giving away a few things the other night at a meetup.

$SDC11109.jpg$SDC11111.jpg$SDC11112.jpg$SDC11114.jpg$SDC11117.jpg

Thank you Dynagroove and Boro62,
The Straight Razor fever hit me hard, I had UPS and Fed-ex at my door everyday...lol. You don't see it but under cabinet I have elect water kettle and it is used on the towels..wonderful hot.
To answer your question Dynagroove, I purchased the extension mirror from Amazon, it's very well made from Ikea and at $ 15.00 shipping included.. With my eyes not as good, this is great, easy install, maybe 10 mins at the most.

Thanks for the info Rob. The price is amazing! I may have to invest in one of those. Brilliant idea sir!

Not much (yet), but I do enjoy what I have. Not pictured are a couple of pucks of various Col. Conk soaps that I haven't melted into jars yet to try out and my strops and pastes. The black-scaled Double Arrow is laughably dull and very poorly pinned (it's for learning to hone); the white-scaled Greaves and Sons cuts stubble like it's nothing.

proxy.php

Top Bottom