What's new

Newbie!!!

must be doing something wrong!!!! have shaved with a dovo best quality for a month and(no matter CLOSEST shave ever!!) have had mixed results (vampires have been known to wait for my blood in the morning!!!:001_smile) i still look like been in a fight with a cougar((sp) (no idea???? think it's a mountin lion in england!!!!)) my fault but over winter I think I should go with a lighter DE Merker HD clasic shave - any tips for when I brave the NAKED BLADE agan!!!????

reccomend carry on with straight rasor or with DE SE razor???

There is no way you are going to be allowed to have either a str8 or DE blades in carry on luggage. Whichever you choose, you'll have to put your str8 or blades in a checked bag.

is your balde sharp? or was it pre-sharpened before you started? as mentioned go slow, use a lighter touch and prehaps check your angle maybe you are being too aggressive with the angle, it should not be a a daily blood bath an occasional nick or so maybe but not more then that

I would wait until you can get some instruction or purchase a good book or DVD on straights.

Inconsistent results and cuts with a straight indicate you've got some big misunderstandings.

Lynn Abrams offers a great DVD called The World of Straight Razor Shaving. I highly recommend spending the $20 for this valuable information. YouTube also has many videos for str8 methods. If you rule out method, your razor may need to be professionally honed.

Make sure your blade is sharp. Your stropping technique should be good or you might be dulling the blade. Also, follow the previous advice and use a light touch and watch your blade angle.

Yes...carry on with a straight but use a DE when you don't have the time or when you need to re-group and use something else. :smile:

If you're shaving daily, and getting weepers and small cuts, try taking a day off each week. Giving the skin a break seems to work for me, and I find that the shave on two days growth is delightful - very close and smooth.

Best Regards

Graham

Top Bottom