What's new

Newbie starter kit PIF!

I have benefited greatly from the fine members of this community, having learned about good techniques and products and having an enjoyable activity that I look forward to rather than a chore that I avoid. And I've received generous PIFs which helped me try out some fine products. So after accomplishing a personal goal of mine, to pass the PMP certification, project management professional for those who are not familiar, I would like to pay it forward. I was toying with the idea of doing this when I get a new job, but I have no plan or deadline for that yet so why wait. This year has been great for me and I'm feeling a lot of gratitude.

So, the PIF kit contains:
a vintage Gillette superspeed
Art of Shaving badger brush (from their carry on kit)
Proraso soft soap
Conk Lime hard soap
KMF Lavender cream
Williams soap, because you'll hear a lot of strong opinions of this soap on this board and you should really try it for yourself
healthy assortment of blades, a good range of quality and sharpness.
And anything else I might feel like tossing in too

I just received a shipment of some good stuff from Spain including a beautiful horse hair brush, soaps, creams, and blades. I also have other stuff that I can scoop out samples. So I may add some more to this before shipping it out.

Here's the pics:

$newbie kit.jpg$razor2.JPG

Standard PIF rules apply.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/272993-What-is-a-PIF-A-Guide-for-Newbies

I'll also add that I want this to go to someone who is starting out without much stuff and is committed to giving it the old college try. This is on the honor system of course, I won't be checking your older posts or anything. And do report back on this forum about your experiences with the equipment. Try learning one new thing at a time and then follow up on the same thread so we can see your improvements over time. If you want some inspiration, I did something similar when I won a PIF here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/292538-Cold-water-shaving-and-blade-reviews

If you're in, post here "I'm in" and an interesting fact about yourself. Can be anything, doesn't have to be shave related. For example, this past Christmas I visited the only tropical rain forest in the United States and kayaked in a bio luminescent bay that glowed in the dark. It was in Puerto Rico.

The winner will be picked randomly through random.org and the date and time of the drawing will also be chosen at random. I don't know when I'll close this, maybe when there are enough entries. :badger:

sweetness! odds are I won't win, but I feel the noob love anyway!

i'm in!

fun fact: I sang in a Police cover band. it was fun.

Not in, I just wanted to say that this is an awesome PIF and you are very generous, it will make a great kit for someone just starting out

Count me in. Although not a noobie, I am currently mentoring one. I have lent him a vintage Ball End Tech, a lathering bowl, a Semogue brush, some Proraso cream, and some Astra's. He is catching on and I believe he will be seeking some gear of his own, so this would be perfect for him. He is a colleague of mine's son. He has been experiencing lots of irritation and razor bumps and was seeking a solution to his problem. A quick Internet search brought him to the world of wet shaving with a DE razor. Naturally his dad put him in touch with me and I brought the stuff over to him. I would certainly be grateful to you Bengal Tiger if I could present your PIF to him.

Hi bengal nice PIF I would like to be included I'm in. thank you. Oh retired and staying home playing piano most days.

Last edited:
Quite the collection Bengel!
Glad to see your giving back I am just building up my newbie PIF starterkit
Also I am not included!

I'll add something interesting
I met my GF in Paris while I was backpacking alone, she lives in Australia I live in Canada, Now shes here for the time being.
I also started the 8-bit avatar trendsetting, thanks to PRSman and "bigbull"

My lovely MS-Paint skills were put to use haha

That's a very generous PIF - one all Newbies should JUMP ON! Not in.

I'll add something interesting
I met my GF in Paris while I was backpacking alone, she lives in Australia I live in Canada, Now shes here for the time being.
I also started the 8-bit avatar trendsetting, thanks to PRSman and "bigbull"

My lovely MS-Paint skills were put to use haha

And you did an excellent job! Cool that you met your GF in Paris backpacking - I traveled all of Western Europe by backpack when I was 22 and it was the time of my life.

Fun fact: I've traveled every country in Western Europe, South and Central America, most of the Carribean and 42/50 states.

Do not count me in... Tiger that is an awesome pif. Very generous indeed. Someone will be very happy with that stash. Congratulations on your accomplishment.

That's a very generous PIF - one all Newbies should JUMP ON! Not in.

And you did an excellent job! Cool that you met your GF in Paris backpacking - I traveled all of Western Europe by backpack when I was 22 and it was the time of my life.

Fun fact: I've traveled every country in Western Europe, South and Central America, most of the Carribean and 42/50 states.

I thought I was well traveled but nothing compared to you. I've done lots of Western/Eastern Europe, lots of Australia, South America, China. Tho not much USA or Canada haha

I'm in! Would love to try out all that stuff - only have some of the blades and the Williams Mug soap myself.

Some of the newbies are forgetting the fun fact ...

Awesome PIF. The winner will be getting great products.

I'm not in but my fact is I have an issue with steps. I have been asked to remove myself from the steps just outside Buckingham Palace and also from the Spanish Steps in Rome.

Please count me in. I'm three weeks in to wet shaving with a DE. A few members here have recommended the superspeed as good gear with a gentle learning curve, so that would be great to try if I get it. Not to mention all of the other great offerings in this PIF.

An interesting fact: After college I worked on and lived aboard an 80-foot schooner in Long Island Sound for six months.

I'm In, who knows maybe the third time is the charm hehehe.

Fact: I moved from Mexico to the United States when I was 12.

I have been asked to remove myself from the steps just outside Buckingham Palace....

I've read some horror stories from people who thought it was funny to mess around there. apparently those guards with the funny hats are of the same cloth as our Navy Seals: deadly with their bare hands an no sense of humor when doing their job!
I hope you received no injuries!

Top Bottom